Things from Ol' Blitz, we'd luv to get back on New Blitz

explosions?

Good work Rolo. Sounds like everything we need is coming in the next update.

Quoted Post

Delete a post and stop saving drafts.

The lack of ability to delete posts is apparently baked into the software. Ain’t happening.

iCloudBlitz

ios 4 to be released soon

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Delete a post and stop saving drafts.

The lack of ability to delete posts is apparently baked into the software. Ain’t happening.

Wow. That seems a bit silly, doesn’t it?

Oh well, edit to a full stop or “deleted” post it will have to be then.

Don’t ■■■■■ out stand by what you say.

Quoted Post

Don't ■■■■■ out stand by what you say.

Lol. Sometimes we all go off half cocked, realise too late we’re barking up the wrong tree, have your thunder stolen before you can post, or re think a red wine infused rant.

It’s only polite to try not to subject other blitzers to the wasting of thier time reading something thats wrong, inadvertantly redundant or ridiculously long winded due to inebriation.

Please, please, please, please, please, please an ignore function.
Please.

2 Likes

What was that chat function (not Tuesday night ICQ) where you’d type FAP FAP FAP and get booted off by the bot monitoring it?

2 Likes

The founders of this forum software have this zealous opposition for a block function. It ain’t happening.

On we go then.

Back to a proper version of Invision Power Board for once and forever, whatever the cost.

My wallets ready to help in the cause.

For gods sake, … as Jean-Luc would say …“Make It So Number One!!”

amused at who it is that wants block function the most.

2 Likes

Really wanted it today.

I ignore 80-90% of posts on blitz, without ever once needing an ignore function.

6 Likes

Lol, … me too now, I term it “scroll by”

Fortunately most of those I want to just roll past have easily indentifiable avatars too, … which is good.

Still, it takes a fkn lot longer to do that compared to a judiciosly selected ignore list …, … much.

Yeah, but occasionally people can surprise you.

Blocking particular people on particular topics, sure. I could see a benefit to something like that, but there aren’t many (if any) regular posters where I disagree with 100% of what they post across the whole site.

I also think reading opinions you disagree with, and then biting your tongue, is a good exercise in self control.

1 Like

yep. You can easily open the post in threads where they might have something worthwhile to offer. … That’s what I would do all the time.

Also check one in other threads every now & then to see if they’d mellowed, or matured and were worthy of reinstatement. :slightly_smiling_face:

This. I don’t understand why some people can’t just walk away. But anyway…

We’re not alone wanting this feature. I’ve actually found another Discourse forum where the admin developed a mute tool himself but it’s part of their theme, looks neat.

Don’t understand why anyone would want a block function. Just don’t read / respond to the people that sh/t you. Not that hard?

3 Likes

I use the mute thread function. I find it’s usually just a particular argument that bothers me and if I keep reading it, that spills over into the offending posters’ other posts in unrelated and most likely footy related posts.

If I block the problem thread (hi, climate change thread, hi) then I have no issue with their other footy related posts.

1 Like