Things from other countries/cultures we should adopt

Most of here have traveled a bit (me, I went to Shepparton once) and have seen things or practices that are pretty awesome and should be adopted in Australia.

I like that in American it's a thing that you can turn right (so here it would be left) at a red light provided it's safe to do so. Makes sense.

I like the girls in Paraguay and Argentina, we should have them here.

I love that Paris and London have a functioning train network system.

I love that Paris and London have a functioning train network system.

Even Malaysia have a decent train network system. Still can't believe what a total waste of time and f*ck up Myki is.

Most of here have traveled a bit (me, I went to Shepparton once) and have seen things or practices that are pretty awesome and should be adopted in Australia.

I like that in American it's a thing that you can turn right (so here it would be left) at a red light provided it's safe to do so. Makes sense.

I don't trust our drivers enough.

Free university like in certain European companies. Also the recycling system in Sweden

Btw, if this becomes a drivers vs cyclists argument I'm going to report everyone.

The way of life in the regional towns of Italy. 3 hour siesta in the afternoon, horribly tiny roads and then the drivers just stop in the middle and jump out to get their loaf of bread.

Also love the fact that they get the food just for that day, they don't go to a place on a Saturday and get their weekly shopping.

The way of life in the regional towns of Italy. 3 hour siesta in the afternoon, horribly tiny roads and then the drivers just stop in the middle and jump out to get their loaf of bread.

Also love the fact that they get the food just for that day, they don't go to a place on a Saturday and get their weekly shopping.

My father mentioned something to me along these lines.

Apparently he stopped in a village to by some bread and upset the applecart a bit because the baker hadn't known he was coming and so hadn't baked him a loaf.

My Father said he'd like to stay in one of those villages long enough that the local baker would automatically know to cook a loaf for him.

YES! SIESTAS!

We really should have them here because it's so ■■■■■■ hot every summer. But no, we had to be settled by the idiot English with their stupid protestant work ethic, didn't we?  :angry:

Night markets and street stalls. Proper versions not 'pop up' crap.

More Mexican food.

Btw, if this becomes a drivers vs cyclists argument I'm going to report everyone.

Everything about Amsterdam transplanted into Melbourne.  Except the $!%!% cyclists. 

Germany's attitude towards renewable energy.

I like how there's no cyclists in Antarctica. We should definitely adopt that here.

I'd be happy if we followed Mongolia's lead on mobile phones and facebook.

Poutine

Maple Syrup on every table at every eatery

With poutine though?

With poutine though?

match made in heaven