Things from other countries/cultures we should adopt

I remember places in Tokyo where you ordered food and paid into a machine at the front of the shop, it spat out a ticket which you took inside to the counter and your food was ready to go.

It was fantastic. Fast food done right! Would love something like that here.

I remember places in Tokyo where you ordered food and paid into a machine at the front of the shop, it spat out a ticket which you took inside to the counter and your food was ready to go.

Pretty straightforward when it's all frigging raw.

In scandinavia where looking at someone in a nightclub isn't interpreted as a threat that must be reciprocated with a good glassing.

Mid day siestas…

Amsterdam, Spain, Portugal, Arizona, Washington State and Vancouver all have some laws and customs that I'm rather fond of. 

I love that Paris and London have a functioning train network system.

Even Malaysia have a decent train network system. Still can't believe what a total waste of time and f*ck up Myki is.

Perth have a swipe card system and it recognises the card instantly. None of this MYKI crap of holding the card there for 10 seconds waiting for it to register.

A decent underground system in Melbourne.

Even Malaysia have a decent train network system. Still can't believe what a total waste of time and f*ck up Myki is.
Perth have a swipe card system and it recognises the card instantly. None of this MKKI crap of holding the card there for 10 seconds waiting for it to register.
A decent underground system in Melbourne.

That's why it's called the 'Loser Cruiser'
Losers.

A Military.

The way of life in the regional towns of Italy. 3 hour siesta in the afternoon, horribly tiny roads and then the drivers just stop in the middle and jump out to get their loaf of bread.

Also love the fact that they get the food just for that day, they don't go to a place on a Saturday and get their weekly shopping.

I'd add the evening walk after dinner. 

Most of here have traveled a bit (me, I went to Shepparton once) and have seen things or practices that are pretty awesome and should be adopted in Australia.

I like that in American it's a thing that you can turn right (so here it would be left) at a red light provided it's safe to do so. Makes sense.

You have been able to left at red lights in Darwin for years. No prangs the whole 14 years I was there.

Pretty straightforward when it's all frigging raw.

Yeah nah, proper cooked meals.
Cheap as, too.

Yes!
The Melbourne train network is so far behind Sydney and Sydney is far far behind the rest of the world.
Other great examples are China, New York, Barcelona and Madrid. All have ample lines and waiting times are around 5 minutes.
Also, I'd like Melbourne trains to be set up on google maps. So if I need directions, it tells me where to walk to catch a train, when the train is there, how long it takes to get where I want and then a walk again. Works everywhere (inc. Sydney) except for Melbourne.

Yes!
The Melbourne train network is so far behind Sydney and Sydney is far far behind the rest of the world.
Other great examples are China, New York, Barcelona and Madrid. All have ample lines and waiting times are around 5 minutes.
Also, I'd like Melbourne trains to be set up on google maps. So if I need directions, it tells me where to walk to catch a train, when the train is there, how long it takes to get where I want and then a walk again. Works everywhere (inc. Sydney) except for Melbourne.

Most cities that have hosted Olympic games are left with great public transport infrastructure. Heck, even Athena would probably be pretty good these days.

Germany's attitude towards renewable energy.

And the complete lack of graffiti and vandalism of their public transport.

Wait for it...
It'll come to Australia soon.
In Europe, the fast food (Maccas and Burger King) has screens where you can order what you want, spits out a ticket. Then you go into a line to get your meal. People ordering as per normal are in another line.
There are some fast food outlets toying with the idea that allows you to connect to their wifi, order on your phone then have free wifi (good wifi not shit wifi) for an hour.

Yes!

Most cities that have hosted Olympic games are left with great public transport infrastructure. Heck, even Athena would probably be pretty good these days.
What event did Chicago hold?
They have a better bus system and train system.
Their ticketing is also cheap as.
Melbourne train system is crap. In some areas, it's quicker to walk than wait for the next train. Terrible system for such a wealthy state.

The Velib public bike sharing system in Paris. Was great getting around on it

They have them in Melbourne but the system is Paris is great.
Our helmet laws make it much less popular than it should be. Who carries a helmet around everywhere?
It's a bit of a shame, I'd certainly use the bikes if I could just show up and grab one without having to bring a helmet.

A Military.

What for? It's just an expensive social service

They have them in Melbourne but the system is Paris is great.
Hepas of places have them. Its how we got around Washington DC. Great system. Have used in Melbourne but it takes more planning