Things to do this long weekend in Melbourne

Just wanted to give this a plug cause it’s something i’ve enjoyed.

The Biggest and Best Model Show

The Train and Hobby Show at Sandown is in its 11th year in Victoria and has grown to be one of the largest model hobby shows in Australia. With thousands of people attending every year to see the biggest and the best of what each hobby has to offer.

2016 saw the introduction of radio controlled models with RC Trucks and RC Tanks on display. 2017 will see even more radio controlled models including a radio controlled model air show. There is plenty to do and see: train rides, LEGO, radio controlled car and plane races, interactive displays, club information stands and colouring in pages just to name a few.

With so much to see and do, there is a whole day of family fun at a price that even the most budget conscious families can afford.

Cruise around the venue on a trackless Thomas,

Venue
Sandown Racecourse
591-659 Princes Hwy
Springvale, VIC, 3171

Air conditioned and carpeted
Free onsite car parking
Free onsite pram parking service

Date and Times
Saturday 11th March 2017 10am to 6pm.
Sunday 12th March 2017 10am to 5pm.
Monday 13th March 2017 10am to 4pm.

Prices
Tickets are only available at the gate.

Adult: $15 per adult per day
Kids: $5 per child per day
Kids under 3 FREE

2 Likes

Where is Springvale?

about 5 / 10 minutes closer to the city from Dandenong.

Or 3 - 5 mins further from the city than Clayton. :grin:

A suburb of Vietnam.

3 Likes

Funny but true story. I once sent some tourist friends from the UK on a day trip to the Dandenongs, I told them how beautiful and hilly it was and that the little towns were quite quaint and that it was well worth a day trip.

They went on the trip and called me half way through saying they couldn’t understand what I was talking about and there were no hills and the place was full of ‘chavs’.

Yep you guessed it, they went to Dandenong. Poor guys only had 4 days in Melbourne and they spent one in frickin Dandenong.

3 Likes