Things you have to do or see when in Vancouver

We’re going in less than a week. Will be there for 4 days. Need ideas. Fast.

Day 1. Capilano suspension bridge and cliffwalk. Then treetop adventure, feel like an ewok. Arvo up to Grouse Mountain, see a bear and spectacular views. Down the mountain to a ferry across to Canada Place, dinner down Robson st.
Day 2. Granville Island in the morning, bike ride around and through Stanley park, Kitsilano Beach and Vancouver Aquarium in the arvo. Gastown for dinner
Day 3. Early morning sea plane taxi to Victoria Harbour, Killer Whale watch, afternoon/eve dinner downtown Victoria.
Day 4. Early rise, trip to see the Butchart Gardens. For someone the doesn’t get excited about botanical gardens, I was impressed. Arvo, sea plane taxi back to Canada place, Gastown for dinner.

Somewhere in there you may get a chance to just sit and relax. Maybe.

Try and find the sun :slight_smile:

You were odds on to post.

The weather will be nice.

Doesn’t Mero live in Vancouver? or somewhere thereabouts?

Doesn't Mero live in Vancouver? or somewhere thereabouts?

Yep, actually in Vancouver. Diggers should try a pm.

I don’t think Mero likes me. He’ll probably send me to the Vancouver equivalent of Broadmeadows.

Day 1. Capilano suspension bridge and cliffwalk. Then treetop adventure, feel like an ewok. Arvo up to Grouse Mountain, see a bear and spectacular views. Down the mountain to a ferry across to Canada Place, dinner down Robson st. Day 2. Granville Island in the morning, bike ride around and through Stanley park, Kitsilano Beach and Vancouver Aquarium in the arvo. Gastown for dinner Day 3. Early morning sea plane taxi to Victoria Harbour, Killer Whale watch, afternoon/eve dinner downtown Victoria. Day 4. Early rise, trip to see the Butchart Gardens. For someone the doesn't get excited about botanical gardens, I was impressed. Arvo, sea plane taxi back to Canada place, Gastown for dinner.

Somewhere in there you may get a chance to just site and relax. Maybe.

Your’re very keen on Gastown. What do they do there? Ramen?

one of my favourite places, it’s been a while since I did touristy stuff there

I’d put this on the top of my list if I was to go there today.

Granville island is worth a look for some food and drink, good brews to be had.

If the Canucks are in town it’s worth a look.

Go for a ride on the mono rail if you’ve never done one before.

Plenty of good Japanese food there too, including sushi with deep fried yam, my favourite

I don't think Mero likes me. He'll probably send me to the Vancouver equivalent of Broadmeadows.

Nah, he’s a good bloke.

I don't think Mero likes me. He'll probably send me to the Vancouver equivalent of Broadmeadows.

Only place I’ve ever felt I was in the wrong place was in downtown east Vancouver. There were literally people walking around with syringes hanging out of their arms, people crawling along in the gutters, wasted. Think it’s cleaned up now though.

Only place I’ve ever felt I was in the wrong place was in downtown east Vancouver. There were literally people walking around with syringes hanging out of their arms, people crawling along in the gutters, wasted. Think it’s cleaned up now though.

Sounds like where we will be staying in San Francisco.
Your're very keen on Gastown. What do they do there? Ramen?

Its the older part of town, the original Vancouver, so lots of bars, restaurants, cafes and the like. I believe there is an aussie expat that opened a cafe in gastown. So theres a chance of getting real coffee in north america.

What were you doing there? Aren’t you a clean living person from Northcote?
Only place I've ever felt I was in the wrong place was in downtown east Vancouver. There were literally people walking around with syringes hanging out of their arms, people crawling along in the gutters, wasted. Think it's cleaned up now though.
What were you doing there? Aren't you a clean living person from Northcote?
Nothing clean about those scum south of the border.
We're going in less than a week. Will be there for 4 days. Need ideas. Fast.

What you only thought of this now?

What were you doing there? Aren’t you a clean living person from Northcote?

Downtown east side Vancouver is between downtown Vancouver and Gastown. Most direct way to get there is via Hastings Street, which becomes the worst street in Canada for a few blocks when it passes through DTES. It’s worse than any area I’ve ever seen anywhere. Gastown is lovely though.

Ok, my Wife is from North Vancouver, and we were there same time last year. Try these:

Ski/tube at Mt Seymour- cheapest of local mountains
Vancouver Giants Ice Hockey- you can get great deals with White Spot resteraunts for a family c/f the Canucks. They are in the next league down from NHL, (WHL I think). And they play at the Canucks old arena.
Drive to the Totem Poles at Stanley Park- probably a bit too cold for a bike ride
Suspension bridge at Lynn Valley- a smaller version of the Capilano one- and it’s free
Mount Royal Bagels on Queensbury- Mmmmmmmm
Drive to Whistler/Blackcomb on the Sea to Sky hwy- great ocean road meets mt Buller
Seabus to Northvan on a sunny day
Granville Island Market- it’s mainly indoors so a good one for a crappy day
Stalk Michael Buble’
Roots outlet on Boundry- you’re not dressed local a local unless you’re wearing something from Roots…
Ferry to Vancouver Island- try to take Tsawassen to Victoria, as the trip takes you on a passage between islands- really spectacular.

Have fun Diggers, I’m envious!

Oh, and if you like high calorie cholesterol inducing Breakfasts…
Nat baileys Breakfast from Whitespot
Anything from the Tomahawk in Northvan