Throwback Thursday (On a friday) - Your First Pet

Fox Terrier X Named Harry got him around my first birthday and he left us at age 16.

Two budgies, Batman and Robin.

Woke up one morning and Batman was dead, Robin was acting suspiciously for a while after.

Two budgies, Batman and Robin.
Woke up one morning and Batman was dead, Robin was acting suspiciously for a while after.

Had a few birds over the years. The last Budgie I had (Cosmo) was an absolute nut job would go utterly spastic for hours for no reason.

Name: Shep - Border Collie

Given to our family cause he barked too much for previous owners and we lived on a rural property

Smokey the cat - he was grey.

A ginger cat.  Forgotten its name, but I was very young.  It had kittens.  It mysteriously disappeared (think it got run over).

First memory stuff.

First pet I got for myself was a mexican walking fish named Zebedee.

Shaska, a Samoyed. So fluffy and soft.

A tabby cat named Lola who was older than me. Died when I was 11, I think she was 17. Lola was also my first word.

Some mongrel dog called Bruce.

Sadly he met his fate under the wheels of a truck on the Bass Highway when still young.

A lamb called Wanganeen

Yet to own a pet.

Yes I was busy yesterday to do a throwback...

Lab X Kelpie called Roy. Loved, loved, loved that dog.

He had cancer and was put to sleep when I was 12. I balled my eyes out when I got home from school and mum told me

A very virile orange tom with a white shirt and a big black splodge on his eye called Ignatius (Igsy).

We then got a younger black and white young male called Claude, and decided to get them both done, so had to keep them inside the night before. Igsy's little black book must have been full that night, because he was toey as a Roman sandal, Poor old bugger. This is 60s/70s. Claude died Christmas Day in about 1982 after a good knock of about 17 years. Igsy's lifestyle shortened his life considerably.

two great cats.

A ginger cat.  Forgotten its name, but I was very young.  It had kittens.  It mysteriously disappeared (think it got run over).
First memory stuff.

First pet I got for myself was a mexican walking fish named Zebedee.

i honestly thought ginger cats had to be male. Mind blown

Big shaggy Smithfield cross called angus. The dog that died not long after I arrived was called bon (a boxer). Until this very day until I typed it I never got how they got their names. Mind blown again

Kelpie Cross called Blackie (strangely enough, he was all black) when I was 5yo

Went to the great kennel in the sky after a relatively short 6-7 years...I was devastated at the time.

Angry little Australian Terrier named Toby. I was the only one he would not bite so I had to feed him, wash him, take him for walks, my Mum would buy him chocolate freddo frogs and he would hold them in his paws and eat them head first. Chocolate killed no doubt, but who knew back then.

Fish called Bill. Mum ■■■■■■ killed it.

a terrier X called Shandy.

Used to sleep beneath my cot. Also used to hide under the front stairs and bite any male she didnt know that walked up those stairs on the ankle.

Apparently I had a dog when I was really young, I don't remember it but I've seen it in photos with me so it must be true. The first pet i can remember is a green budgie that I caught when I was about 10, obviously an escapee which incidentally started my lifelong interest in aviculture.