Ticketing: Essendon V Geelong, 6th June

I just tried to see what tickets I could get, but after following the links from the club site Ticketmaster told me there are no seats available, which suggests it’s a sell out, however the text I got from the club yesterday told me I can scan in free, so you’d think they weren’t expecting a big crowd.

I tried calling the club but it’s outside of 9-5 Mon-Fri so no luck, any info would be appreciated, thanks.

It’s a home game, what membership level are you?

I plan to get there early and watch the 2s I have a GA membership. Its hard to envisage a sellout at 3.30 pm for a 19.30 AFL start.

Just in case. Is there a good cosy sports bar nearby?

It's a home game, what membership level are you?

3 game flexi mship. trying to get an extra seat together for a non member too

I plan to get there early and watch the 2s I have a GA membership. Its hard to envisage a sellout at 3.30 pm for a 19.30 AFL start.

Just in case. Is there a good cosy sports bar nearby?

Royal melb on bourke does the job

I’m trying to get tickets as well… Is it a sellout. Is there a guaranteed walk up allocation? Will the allocation be less than normal? What time do gates open?

I'm trying to get tickets as well... Is it a sellout. Is there a guaranteed walk up allocation? Will the allocation be less than normal? What time do gates open?

Ok just found out reserve seating is pretty much sold out- only single seats left.

So does anyone know Is there a guaranteed walk up allocation? Will the allocation be less than normal? What time do gates open?

If you’re a Essendon member just get there early and grab a seat in GA or stand in standing room.

If not a member I think there is still standing room left, could probably just grab standing ticket but then just go up to GA and grab a seat if there are no inspectors which there usually isnt in GA areas.

Have a reserved seat, will be bellowing like a right d!ckhead in aisle 12.

I understand there is GA access and also standing room. Under the new system they now have to offer GA at home games. I don’t think it will be a sellout.

It’ll be the same old ■■■■ as usual. Nearly a sellout but hardly anyway in the corporate areas and afl member areas.

Just bought a single on the wing on ground level, I’ll probably end up watching most of it with the GS though.

I was trying to suss out if I could get a ticket for a work colleague who is new to Oz but seemed to be too much hassle getting 2 which is a shame.

if it’s a sellout then so be it but other wise it might just be too hard to organize seats for a combo of member+guests

It’ll be full.

But not to capacity.

from http://membership.essendonfc.com.au – what the below is saying is that they’ve stopped selling general admin so that GA members can simply scan in (well, some of them at least). You can work out how many unsolicited members (plus walk-ups with no tickets) they’re letting in by looking at the seats listed below (very roughly 14 bays of 400 people each) — come watch the VFL and you’re basically guaranteed entry without purchasing a ticket. Come later and you may need to queue to get a ticket, or not get in at all.

Ticket sales for this Saturday night’s match against Geelong are extremely strong as a result General Admission ticket sales are no longer available (subject to change).

Club members with general admission access will be able to scan their membership to gain access to the general admission areas (subject to capacity).

The following areas have been allocated for general admission access:

GENERAL ADMISSION - LEVEL 3

LLOYD END
Aisle 44 H - X
Aisles 45 - 48 G - X
Aisles 1 - 4 G - X

FLETCHER END
Aisles 22 - 26 G - X

FLEXI MEMBERS:

As a GA access member, you can guarantee entry by upgrading to a reserved seat with your membership barcode here.

VFL CURTAIN RAISER @ ETIHAD:

On Saturday afternoon Essendon will take on Geelong in the VFL in a curtain raiser match at Etihad Stadium.

The match starts at 3:25pm and all game day members and ticket holders have access to admission for both the Essendon VFL and AFL matches.

How the fk do only 40k show up to a sell out?!

How the fk do only 40k show up to a sell out?!

heaps of interstates buy seated memberships and the ndon’t attend and don’t put seats up.

as well as reserved seat membership holders not turning up

as well as fark afl members existing.