Pell and other allegations

No big deal. He's a Catholic. Go to confession, reel off a few Hail Marys and bingo, the slate is clean. Atonement is easy when you know how.

And you get an Apartment in Rome with a nice stipend, and lots of lovely house boys.

Don't wanna judge him. Yet.

Yeah, it must be noted that the timing is… Curious? Or Highly unfortunate (for him)? Or just coincidental? Possibly opportunistic? Delightfully ironic?

The timing is interesting anyway.

Or (those lefties at) the HS has known about it for months and chose to run it now.

If that ■■■■■■ commo Victorian Police Force hadn’t investigated him, there’d be no problem at all.

All that needs to be known.

Translation for those under 30?

Ridsdale? Pell supporting him at his trial?

Yep.

Kindly Pell supporting a known pedo rather than the pedo’s victims.

Yep. Back in the 90’s. What a guy.

Yep. Back in the 90’s. What a guy.

Come on you leftie commie pinko.
Who knew back then that mercilessly buggering random children was the wrong thing to do.

EAD Andrew Bolt

Bolt and Pell are both chummy with the IPA. Hardly surprising Bolty was defending him.

enough said.

ive made up my mind

This is absolutely no excuse for ignoring child abuse but it might be part of the puzzle as to why it was allowed to occur for so long. It is thought a significant percentage of practicing clergy are closeted agnostics or atheists. Quite a number from different backgrounds have confided this and the most common reasons are that in seminary or the equivalent the depths that biblical teachings go to leaves them unbelieving because it is simply so hard to believe once you peel back the superficial layers. Another reason is that as a community leader many of them feel hopeless in helping which contradicts their reason for becoming a priest. Eventually all of the "it's all a test, keep praying" doesn't make sense any more. By all accounts it's an extremely lonely existence pretending to everyone you are someone you're not and feeling trapped into doing it day in, day out.

So, if you wonder how someone could so ironically run a sermon that speaks against the very crime going on under one’s nose there’s a potential explanation. They themselves may not even believe what they’re saying anyway. It all adds into an existence that is secretive and protective.

So it’s all the closet atheists turning a blind eye to child abuse that kept this thing going so long? I must’ve read that wrong, cause that’s easily the dumbest thing I’ve read on blitz, unless I’ve misread it.

Did you read the part where I said “part of the puzzle”? The secretive nature of that organisation buries a lot of things.

This is absolutely no excuse for ignoring child abuse but it might be part of the puzzle as to why it was allowed to occur for so long. It is thought a significant percentage of practicing clergy are closeted agnostics or atheists. Quite a number from different backgrounds have confided this and the most common reasons are that in seminary or the equivalent the depths that biblical teachings go to leaves them unbelieving because it is simply so hard to believe once you peel back the superficial layers. Another reason is that as a community leader many of them feel hopeless in helping which contradicts their reason for becoming a priest. Eventually all of the "it's all a test, keep praying" doesn't make sense any more. By all accounts it's an extremely lonely existence pretending to everyone you are someone you're not and feeling trapped into doing it day in, day out.

So, if you wonder how someone could so ironically run a sermon that speaks against the very crime going on under one’s nose there’s a potential explanation. They themselves may not even believe what they’re saying anyway. It all adds into an existence that is secretive and protective.

So it’s all the closet atheists turning a blind eye to child abuse that kept this thing going so long? I must’ve read that wrong, cause that’s easily the dumbest thing I’ve read on blitz, unless I’ve misread it.

Did you read the part where I said “part of the puzzle”? The secretive nature of that organisation buries a lot of things.

Oh I got that, but it sounds like you’re painting atheists as a part of the problem. In my opinion it couldn’t be further from the truth.

1 Like

Oh I got that, but it sounds like you’re painting atheists as a part of the problem. In my opinion it couldn’t be further from the truth.

That’s not what I’m doing at all. I happen to be an atheist.

Get McDevitt to investigate.

EAD Andrew Bolt

Bolt and Pell are both chummy with the IPA. Hardly surprising Bolty was defending him.

Institute of Public Accountants? India Pale Ale? International Phonetic Alphabet?

enough said.

ive made up my mind

That’s the problem with you proddies. You can’t tell the difference between a simple blessing and last rites.

Get McDevitt Baker and McKenzie to investigate.
EAD Andrew Bolt

Institute of Public Accountants? India Pale Ale? International Phonetic Alphabet?

I was assuming they like a few Indian Pales.

EAD Andrew Bolt

I think he’s referring to the conservative think tank Institute of Public Affairs

EAD Andrew Bolt

I think he’s referring to the conservative think tank Institute of Public Affairs

Garry Lyon number one ticket holder?