Pell and other allegations

Imagine turning this absolute disgraceful situation into another left v right debate?

Holy hell.

He knew, he’s a scumbag (even without this) and the song is typically awesome from Minchin.

Oh FFS - how the hell would you know that ‘he knew’.
Stop showing your stupidity and ignorance.

I’ll say it again.
I know he knew because a victim of Ridsdale told me he spoke to Pell.
I see no reason why he would make that up.
Not as if he didn’t have enough to deal with. The church were not model defendants.

Pell was a junior priest at the time. 9 years younger than Ridsdale. a) Why would someone tell a junior priest who was ranked below Ridsdale at the time? b) what the hell could Pell do as an assistant priest anyway?

In any case, those claims have not been proven.

Pell was in the same boat as Paul Bongiorno at the time. I don’t see people basically calling him a pedophile.

Now I’m not saying your friend is deliberately making things up but this incident happened almost 50 years ago. I defy anyone to recall exactly what happened 50 years ago in a conversation.

I guarantee that you’d remember getting involuntarily pumped in the backside with stark clarity if it happened to you. Regardless of when it happened.

1 Like

Pell has already answered the questions that have arisen from the Royal Commission in previous hearings.
There has been no new evidence presented and no new questions are planned. In fact, his main protaganist who is accusing him of a cover up is a pedophile himself. And these accusations have been subsequently disproven.

There is nothing suggesting his evidence was inconsistent.

Its nothing but a hate mob but instead of pitch and forks its twitter and facebook.
And why am I not surprised to see the usual suspects involved.

All of the your bolded statements are literally, incontrovertibly, 100% false.

You are entitled to have your own view but you’re not entitled to just make up your own facts.

I’m done with you.

David Ridsdale (Gerards nephew and his main accuser) is a convicted sex offender.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/in-depth/royal-commission/pell-accuser-indecently-assaulted-boy-at-ymca/news-story/f9f51ff521042b31e15917bb2e75bd37

Cardinal George Pell’s chief critic and accuser has failed to declare in his public statement to the child sex abuse royal commission that he indecently assaulted a 12-year-old boy he groomed while performing youth work.

David Ridsdale has emerged as a de facto spokesman for Ballarat victims of Catholic abuse and has accused Cardinal Pell of impropriety during a 1993 telephone conversation discussing Mr Ridsdale’s abuse at the hands of his uncle Gerald.

David Ridsdale, now 49, is the most well-known victim of Gerald Ridsdale, who as a priest in the Ballarat diocese abused hundreds of children, including relentlessly attacking his nephew.

However, David Ridsdale failed to detail in his statement to the commission, the centrepiece of his evidence, how he had groomed the 12-year-old boy in 1984 while working for the YMCA. The Australian has established he used his position as a YMCA activities leader to indecently ­assault the child on two occasions in bushland outside Ballarat, about 100km west of Melbourne.

The evidence against David Ridsdale, then 18, was that he tricked the boy into joining him on a visit to a local video store but drove him to bushland and then exposed himself. David Ridsdale refused to comment to The Australian, which offered through his lawyers to articulate his full story on the assaults.

The magistrate hearing the 1984 case, in which the Catholic abuse campaigner pleaded guilty to two counts of indecent assault and was placed on a 12-month good behaviour bond, attributed David Ridsdale’s behaviour to the cruel treatment he had suffered at the hands of his uncle.

But if you want to believe a convicted sex offender then so be it.

Imagine turning this absolute disgraceful situation into another left v right debate?

Holy hell.

He knew, he’s a scumbag (even without this) and the song is typically awesome from Minchin.

I’ll say it again.
Not as if he didn’t have enough to deal with. The church were not model defendants.

Pell was a junior priest at the time. 9 years younger than Ridsdale. a) Why would someone tell a junior priest who was ranked below Ridsdale at the time? b) what the hell could Pell do as an assistant priest anyway?

Pell was in the same boat as Paul Bongiorno at the time. I don’t see people basically calling him a pedophile.

Now I’m not saying your friend is deliberately making things up but this incident happened almost 50 years ago. I defy anyone to recall exactly what happened 50 years ago in a conversation.

What do you mean, “this incident”?

Holy hell.

I’ll say it again.

Sorry - I assumed you were talking about Ballarat.

Holy hell.

I’ll say it again.

Ah.
No.

Holy hell.

My mum worked for the salesians for 15 years, I went right through their education system. I met many priests on a personal level. Most of them were fantastic individuals, a few of them were not. Even back then, they would discuss the guys who, as they’d politely say it, ‘were a bit suspect.’

It was almost a running joke how the ‘suspect guys’ got moved to a farm in lysterfield, and if the heat got turned up, they got sent to small pacific Island missions. These coincidental relocations always came from the top.

One particular priest that I knew (who has since given evidence to the commission), had made several complaints to Pell personally about one individual, an individual who is now facing prosecution. Pell did nothing at the time.

I could go on, but I know you’re not listening, so fark it.

If Pell didn’t know… Then he was the only one in the entire church who didn’t know. The cover up goes much deeper than him, and has been around far longer than him, but he played his part, and he should answer for that.

I’d hope you’ve got more than ‘leftist witch hunts’ to back up your defence of this man, but I suspect that you don’t.

Edit: this is not in reference to the Ballarat hearings obviously, which is the current topic, but it’s very relevant to Pell personally.

1 Like

Holy hell.

I’ll say it again.

Ah.
No.

Right - then your friends timelines don’t really match up.

Holy hell.

I’ll say it again.

Ah.
No.

I don’t think you know what you’re talking about.
Sorry.

Holy hell.

My mum worked for the salesians for 15 years, I went right through their education system. I met many priests on a personal level. Most of them were fantastic individuals, a few of them were not. Even back then, they would discuss the guys who, as they’d politely say it, ‘were a bit suspect.’

It was almost a running joke how the ‘suspect guys’ got moved to a farm in lysterfield, and if the heat got turned up, they got sent to small pacific Island missions. These coincidental relocations always came from the top.

One particular priest that I knew (who has since given evidence to the commission), had made several complaints to Pell personally about one individual, an individual who is now facing prosecution. Pell did nothing at the time.

If Pell didn’t know… Then he was the only one in the entire church who didn’t know. The cover up goes much deeper than him, and has been around far longer than him, but he played his part, and he should answer for that.

I’d hope you’ve got more than ‘leftist witch hunts’ to back up your defence of this man, but I suspect that you don’t.

Again, a lot of innuendo but absoloutely no detail.
Its like reading Womans Day to be honest.

■■■■ Pell. Represents everything I resent about the Catholic Church (retired Catholic fyi).

Would’ve thought having a heart was a prerequisite to having health-related health issues.

Holy hell.

I’ll say it again.

Ah.
No.

I don’t think you know what you’re talking about.
Sorry.

Enlighten me then - what time frame are we talking about?

Holy hell.

What, you think I should name names? You’re off your rocker.

Dude, I realise we disagree on a lot, and I can kind of see what you’re saying about Pell being framed as ‘the face’ of this scandal, when that’s probably unfair to dump it all on him.

Many others carry a bigger burden than he does… But he still did his part to make some of these claims dissappear, and I can’t for the life of me see why you’d defend him.

Holy hell.

Dude, I realise we disagree on a lot, and I can kind of see what you’re saying about Pell being framed as ‘the face’ of this scandal, when that’s probably unfair to dump it all on him.

Many others carry a bigger burden than he does… But he still did his part to make some of these claims dissappear, and I can’t for the life of me see why you’d defend him.

Why not - both names would be on the public record.

Lets start with some facts please.

Gutless coward who is using a social media led hate mob to rally against someone with no evidence whatsoever.

Do any of these morons realize Pell has appeared twice before the Commission already?
What other questions are they expecting him to answer?

Do these leftist hatemongers understand that pedophiles don’t exactly publicise their activities and are actually very good at presenting a false image to others?
So how could he have possibly known?

Its an absolute disgrace and even worse that some of my fellow Essendon fans are seemingly in support of this guilty until innocent ■■■■ given the crap we have gone through in the last 4 years.

Some of you ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Grow up.

Wow DayTripper when I think you just could not sink any lower, off you go.

Are you suggesting that this Royal Commission is a Left Wing conspiracy? Even for you that is a bit rich.

As long as George Pell refuses to present to be cross-examined there will always be a doubt over him. If I was a guilty and had the means to prevent a return, and I had your moral judgement, then I would stay in Rome as well. Not a good look for Pell or the Church.

Go and watch Spotlight; a good movie that shows the length the Catholic Church goes to cover up the crimes of its people. The Cardinal from Boston got a cosy gig at the Vatican as well and never had to front any US Court.

Lol. This is not the actual inquest tripper, it’s a footy forum.

I tell you what… Give me a reason other than ‘lefties are going after him’ as to why you’re sticking up for him, and I’ll engage with you further.

Gutless coward who is using a social media led hate mob to rally against someone with no evidence whatsoever.

Do any of these morons realize Pell has appeared twice before the Commission already?
What other questions are they expecting him to answer?

Do these leftist hatemongers understand that pedophiles don’t exactly publicise their activities and are actually very good at presenting a false image to others?
So how could he have possibly known?

Its an absolute disgrace and even worse that some of my fellow Essendon fans are seemingly in support of this guilty until innocent ■■■■ given the crap we have gone through in the last 4 years.

Some of you ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Grow up.

Wow DayTripper when I think you just could not sink any lower, off you go.

Are you suggesting that this Royal Commission is a Left Wing conspiracy? Even for you that is a bit rich.

As long as George Pell refuses to present to be cross-examined there will always be a doubt over him. If I was a guilty and had the means to prevent a return, and I had your moral judgement, then I would stay in Rome as well. Not a good look for Pell or the Church.

Go and watch Spotlight; a good movie that shows the length the Catholic Church goes to cover up the crimes of its people. The Cardinal from Boston got a cosy gig at the Vatican as well and never had to front any US Court.

Not at all - the RC is operating as it should.

BF - nearly every person wanting to see Pell strung up hails from the Left.
Not surprising given their hate of Catholics and Jews that they have fixated on Pell.

Pell is not refusing to be cross examined. Its 2016. We have a video-link.

IIRC, Billy boy was cross examined by video link at his appearance at the Union RC. Does this make him guilty?

Holy hell.

This is the result of combining mind numbingly blind ignorance & zealotry.

Lol. This is not the actual inquest tripper, it's a footy forum.

I tell you what… Give me a reason other than ‘lefties are going after him’ as to why you’re sticking up for him, and I’ll engage with you further.

I’m one of these rare people these days who waits for actual evidence before rushing into judgment on someone else.

And nor do I base my judgements on a catchy song or a big headline.

Lol. This is not the actual inquest tripper, it's a footy forum.

I’m one of these rare people these days who waits for actual evidence before rushing into judgment on someone else.

And nor do I base my judgements on a catchy song or a big headline.

So you don’t actually know anything about him, or know of any reason why he is being unfairly maligned, or have any personal insight into his situation.

You’re arguing here… Just because?