Pell and other allegations

Ridsdale was in Sydney during the 80s. Pell was an ordinary parish priest in Victoria up until 1987 after which he became a 'trainee' bishop in 1987 (based in Melbourne again).

So the idea that your friend told Pell about Ridsdale doesn’t really make much sense. either from a logistical perspective or from a why perspective.

ie, why would someone tell a parish priest in Victoria about the goings on of a priest in Sydney?

I’m sorry, but you’re wrong about both those things.

On a side note, cannot stand Tim Minchin and cannot stand people using music for political purposes (just my opinion). I hate preachy musicians, people like Bono and co.

But I do understand there is a place for them and many do like it.

You would hate my record collection.
On a side note, cannot stand Tim Minchin and cannot stand people using music for political purposes (just my opinion). I hate preachy musicians, people like Bono and co.

Tell me who you like?

I don’t mind all of it, some Oils stuff is okay at times.

Tell me who you like?

I consider Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, The Clash, Bruce Springsteen, Dead Kennedys, Midnight Oil, Public Enemy to be important political musicians I have a lot of time for, for starters.
Sorry, derailing the thread!*

*or does it need derailing?

Tell me who you like?

I consider Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, The Clash, Bruce Springsteen, Dead Kennedys, Midnight Oil, Public Enemy to be important political musicians I have a lot of time for, for starters.

better to derail what had already been derailed. Actually this is probably more on topic.

As I said, don’t mind the oils although they annoy me if I listen too long.

Dylan - does folk music get any better than him? Doubtful, the man is a legend.
The Clash - again brilliant,
The Boss - owns the name for a reason

Don’t particularly like the others. Most of that stuff I only listen to in small amounts but I do appreciate their brilliance. All have added greatly to the music scene.

I would probably enjoy sitting with you and listening and discussing their stuff. But when I am sitting listening to music they are not what I turn to. Alsofor me it depends on my mood as to what I will focus on.

I love Blues, R&B (old and new), Hip-Hop, Metal (generally hard but occasionally thrash) and contemporary (top 40 pop/rock).

Hey Daytripper, do you have kids?

lol you still trying to get an answer?

Yep…

Ridsdale was in Sydney during the 80s. Pell was an ordinary parish priest in Victoria up until 1987 after which he became a 'trainee' bishop in 1987 (based in Melbourne again).

So the idea that your friend told Pell about Ridsdale doesn’t really make much sense. either from a logistical perspective or from a why perspective.

ie, why would someone tell a parish priest in Victoria about the goings on of a priest in Sydney?

Why the fark do you want to argue this?

Risdale and a gang of other pervert assaulted kids from 1960s to 1980s. Even people I know who were assaulted by Risdale and are in control, find it very hard to talk about exact detail, as it is very distressing. Others are complete basket cases and refuse to talk about any of it.

Pell has information and he was part of an elaborate Church coverup; no idea what extent or part but he needs to tell the whole truth. I have not heard anyone claim Pell is a paedofile.

You may be a real nice guy, with a family and a lovely wife and a couple of cute kids, but you come across at times as a complete arsewipe.

From Wiki:

He then served at a parish in Ballarat East from 1973 to 1983, becoming administrator of the parish of Bungaree in 1984

Edit: here’s the link.

Tell me who you like?

better to derail what had already been derailed. Actually this is probably more on topic.

As I said, don’t mind the oils although they annoy me if I listen too long.

Dylan - does folk music get any better than him? Doubtful, the man is a legend.
The Clash - again brilliant,
The Boss - owns the name for a reason

Don’t particularly like the others. Most of that stuff I only listen to in small amounts but I do appreciate their brilliance. All have added greatly to the music scene.

I would probably enjoy sitting with you and listening and discussing their stuff. But when I am sitting listening to music they are not what I turn to. Alsofor me it depends on my mood as to what I will focus on.

I love Blues, R&B (old and new), Hip-Hop, Metal (generally hard but occasionally thrash) and contemporary (top 40 pop/rock).

RATM FTW

Why the fark do you want to argue this?

Risdale and a gang of other pervert assaulted kids from 1960s to 1980s. Even people I know who were assaulted by Risdale and are in control, find it very hard to talk about exact detail, as it is very distressing. Others are complete basket cases and refuse to talk about any of it.

Pell has information and he was part of an elaborate Church coverup; no idea what extent or part but he needs to tell the whole truth. I have not heard anyone claim Pell is a paedofile.

You may be a real nice guy, with a family and a lovely wife and a couple of cute kids, but you come across at times as a complete arsewipe.

Not arguing the second paragraph at all.

Your 3rd paragraph asserts without any proof that Pell was part of a cover-up. That is a pretty serious accusation to make especially when it comes to child sex offences. I would have thought the burden of proof ought to be pretty high for something like that instead of being even less than CAS’s ‘comfortably satisfied.’ !!!

So ... that'd be a big fat NO to Hillsong then??

I can’t stand Hillsong, horrible stuff

Hillsong: bringing out the most cultish aspects of Christianity.

So the cloaks, chanting, incense, special drinks and book of truth didn’t tip anything off?

So the cloaks, chanting, incense, special drinks and book of truth didn’t tip anything off?

Yeah, but that’s almost normalised now (if not a bit unhygienic). We’re talking speaking in tongues. Real batshit stuff.

From Wiki:

He then served at a parish in Ballarat East from 1973 to 1983, becoming administrator of the parish of Bungaree in 1984

Oh and these roles too

During his tenure in Ballarat East and Bungaree, he also served as Episcopal Vicar for Education (1973–84), director of the Aquinas campus of the Institute of Catholic Education (1974–84) and principal of the Institute of Catholic Education (1981–84).

I’m not going to argue semantics but FFS stop comparing this to the CAS hearing/finding.

You realise you are essentially comparing a situation where a group of blokes miss a year of football because of a lack of communication to a situation where hundreds of people have grown up in shame, fear, betrayal, if they have grown up and not killed themselves because of it, due to people in positions of power doing nothing about it apart from trying to protect their own.

I’d say one deserves to be pushed, albeit with a perceived lack of evidence or reason, than the other on face value.

I'm not going to argue semantics but FFS stop comparing this to the CAS hearing/finding.

You realise you are essentially comparing a situation where a group of blokes miss a year of football because of a lack of communication to a situation where hundreds of people have grown up in shame, fear, betrayal, if they have grown up and not killed themselves because of it, due to people in positions of power doing nothing about it apart from trying to protect their own.

I’d say one deserves to be pushed, albeit with a perceived lack of evidence or reason, than the other on face value.

Jesus - I’m not comparing the two on a crime by crime basis.

I would have thought that was reasonably self evident.

From Wiki:

Oh and these roles too

During his tenure in Ballarat East and Bungaree, he also served as Episcopal Vicar for Education (1973–84), director of the Aquinas campus of the Institute of Catholic Education (1974–84) and principal of the Institute of Catholic Education (1981–84).

Oh please stop it, your facts are irrelevent to the discussion Trip is having. You bring facts into it and it ruins his horror at the injustice done to Pell.

Ps have you got the answer to your question to Trip yet? Does he have kids?

Gutless coward who is using a social media led hate mob to rally against someone with no evidence whatsoever.

Do any of these morons realize Pell has appeared twice before the Commission already?
What other questions are they expecting him to answer?

Do these leftist hatemongers understand that pedophiles don’t exactly publicise their activities and are actually very good at presenting a false image to others?
So how could he have possibly known?

Its an absolute disgrace and even worse that some of my fellow Essendon fans are seemingly in support of this guilty until innocent ■■■■ given the crap we have gone through in the last 4 years.

Some of you ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Grow up.

Personally I luuuv George Pell. He’s soooo cold. <3

Interestingly…

Pell and Ridsdale were housemates in the 70’s at the St Alipius’ Church in Ballarat.

Ronald Mulkearns was the Bishop of Ballarat and he said he knew of claims against Rdisdale in 1975, same time as Pell was living in a house with Ridsdale. (Although a three-month police investigation into what Mulkearns knew about Ridsdale called “Operation Arcadia” concluded that he knew about Ridsdale’s crimes earlier than he admitted.)

Pell knew Ridsdale quite well if he spent a few years living at a house with him. May not have known everything but if the Bishop knew (and others within the Ballarat diocese) then it would be hard to think that Pell hadn’t even HEARD rumours.

So Trip your assertion that Pell had nothing to do with Ridsdale until the mid 80’s is wrong. They new each other in the 70’s and Ridsdlae didn’t get moved to Sydney until 1981. Mulkearns kept moving him and was aware of his activities.

Priests know when other priests get moved and why they get moved, there is very little that is hidden amongst the clergy.

Also interestingly Pell was the editor of the local rag for Catholics (called Light) from 79-84 and as editor I am pretty sure he would have seen and heard many rumours regarding issues going on around at that time.

To say he didn’t know of at least rumours would be false and misleading. Whether he was in a position to do much about it at that time is another issue altogether. He later was and that is what concerns people because he has admitted he didn’t do enough and just moved priests around as he had been taught.

In that case, this song must cause you much conflict?: