Pell and other allegations

Have some of you been doing work experience with SWWNBN and Barrett?

Sometimes I really wish I was still a mod.

Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouche

bag.

No. I would have run into you though, wouldn’t I?

It’s bad enough that you have garbage opinions on just about everything.

But do you have to be such an insufferable c*ckhead about them?

Seriously dude, just shut the fark up.

Aparently he doesn’t know how to answer a simple question that has been asked across multiple threads multiple times but he has plenty of time to make some of the most outlandish statements on this board.

Do you have kids Trip?

Just so people know, proceeds from the online sales of Minchin’s scything serenade, go to a fund set up to pay for abuse victims to travel to Rome to front Pell in person.

On iTunes.

Nit-pick, obfuscate, derail.

Meanwhile the song itself is #1 on iTunes!

On the issue, it does appear to be just a tad bit gutless to not appear in court when you have been asked to do so.

It’s not a case of being accused of wrongdoing - it’s a simple premise, if you have nothing to hide, where’s the problem?

On the issue, it does appear to be just a tad bit gutless to not appear in court when you have been asked to do so.

It’s not a case of being accused of wrongdoing - it’s a simple premise, if you have nothing to hide, where’s the problem?

He is appearing by video link.

Saving on carbon emissions too.

Say Pell didn’t know for sure, is seems to be inconceivable that he hadn’t heard the rumours of what was happening. Rumours of sexual abuse are an immediate cause of action. Those children needed protection from the devil and he did nothing to help them.

Do you have kids Trip?

Do you have kids Trip?

Do your kids trip Have?

Do you trip your kids Have?

Have your kids tripped?

You have do Kids trip?

What is the meaning of life Trip?

Maybe.

But, it’s in person where numerous victims would be able to attend is where it should be.

I hope the victims who now have the funds to go to Rome are granted an open court hearing.

If anyone is of any doubt to the type of character George Pell is, I refer you to a book written by a parent of two abuse victims of the Catholic Church.

Hell on the Way to Heaven is a book written by Christine Foster along with her husband Anthony.

Christine and Anthony are the parents of three daughters of which the two eldest were abused by Father Kevin O’Donnell at Sacred Heart school in Oakleigh.

He had been one of these priests who had been shifted around from about the late 1940’s/early 50’s until about the 1980’s.

The book explains the horrific impact that the abuse had had on their family’s lives, the eldest committing suicide at the age of 26 after years of drug abuse and the second daughter who’d gotten drunk at a friends house as a 17yo, running out of the house into the path of an oncoming car and receiving a massive head injury of which she is severely disabled now, requiring constant care from her family.

It also goes on about their subsequent dealings with the Catholic Church, the church lawyers and Pell in their fight for compensation.

Having received an apology from Pell, in the same week they received a letter from the Church’s lawyers warning them off seeking compensation.

They tell of the cold heartedness and betrayal from the church and of Pell himself in their dealings with them.

One of the saddest and most harrowing books that I’ve ever read. Was very difficult not to become emotional or feel utter revulsion towards the hierarchy ( and their lawyers )of the Catholic Church whilst reading it.

Say Pell didn't know for sure, is seems to be inconceivable that he hadn't heard the rumours of what was happening. Rumours of sexual abuse are an immediate cause of action. Those children needed protection from the devil and he did nothing to help them.
These children could not be protected from the devil, when the devil himself wasn't using protection.
Say Pell didn't know for sure, is seems to be inconceivable that he hadn't heard the rumours of what was happening. Rumours of sexual abuse are an immediate cause of action. Those children needed protection from the devil and he did nothing to help them.
We are talking about the 70s and 80s here when he was basically just an ordinary priest. And it was a different time back then.

He himself admits that things could have and should have been handled better. But unless someone invents a time machine I’m not sure exactly what people want from him now.

And at the end of the day a rumor is just a rumor. You can confront a person and ask but if they deny it then what?

One more point: Priests by design instinctively believe there is good in everyone and that everyone can be forgiven - no matter what horrific crimes someone might have done. I don’t think the every day person quite understands that concept.

Unfortunately the lighthearted throwaway line lacks the ring of truth given the number of victims that now have the financial resources to back up their will to fly to Rome.

We are talking about the 70s and 80s here when he was basically just an ordinary priest. And it was a different time back then.

He himself admits that things could have and should have been handled better. But unless someone invents a time machine I’m not sure exactly what people want from him now.

And at the end of the day a rumor is just a rumor. You can confront a person and ask but if they deny it then what?

One more point: Priests by design instinctively believe there is good in everyone and that everyone can be forgiven - no matter what horrific crimes someone might have done. I don’t think the every day person quite understands that concept.

A rumour about child sexual assaults cannot just be left as rumour. No matter what station in life you are at, or influence you have, to go to authorities if you hear rumours of child sexual assault. No excuses in my book.

I am catholic and the behaviour of the Church to deal with this is nothing short of horrendous.