Ffs. What a way to spend an hour , wading through this rubbish.
1) minchin isnt funny, or even particularly clever . Subjective judgement only on my part. Ymmv.
2) far more funny is Daytrippers totally off the handle and way over the top opening rant. At least i thought it amusing, until i noticed an almost identical rant in todays HS from a certain columnist.
3) there ARE problems with timelines. IT, if one of the "facts" you are referring to is Pell being part of a meeting about moving Ridsdale out of Victoria in 1982, its worth noting that according to some accounts the paedo was already shifted to Sydney in 1981. He was certainly there in 82. Part of the problem is the blurred timelines and actions in this whole disgraceful event. Id be wary of trumpeting certain "facts".
4) a couple of posts alleging specifics against Pell are clearly defamatory and will be removed for the sake of this site and its owner. Wake up to yourselves. Consider yourselves warned.
5) the thing that does piss me off is DT's effective derision and attempted undermining of various accounts, specifically Wimmera's friends using generalised statements that arent supported or followed up on. 10 minutes research reveals the statement "Ridsdale was in sydney for most of the 80's" is untrue. He was abusing boys in melbourne in 1980. He was in mortlake in 1981. Its unclear whether he was shifted to Sydney in late 81 or early 82 (accounts differ). He was certainly back in Vic by 1986. Wim stated that he believes the time period was around 1980-1983. The paedo was in Vic for two of those years with Pell a contemporary. Its entirely consistent and possible. This bullshit of screaming outrage from the rooftops but not addressing specifics is a pattern. In this case, at best its offensive and distasteful. With form. When you return, ffs focus on footy.
6) he's under no obligation to discuss his family, kids situation etc. So shut up about it.
7) pure personal observation but Pell is a political animal, not a spiritual leader. Ive met him a few times and hes totally unimpressive in terms of his humanity and warmth. This alone would raise the ire of victims.