Pell and other allegations

Ffs. What a way to spend an hour , wading through this rubbish.
  1. he’s under no obligation to discuss his family, kids situation etc. So shut up about it.
Ok, I'll add more depth as to why I was asking this question. I am trying to understand DT's point of view. As it currently stands, I do not agree with his position in this thread (and the other thread that was closed) and where my question originated). I truly am trying to get a bigger picture understanding on where he is coming from. If I can get a better understanding on where he is coming from, then I have hopefully have a better understanding of his argument.

If DT responded with “None of your business” I would absolutely say “fair enough” no questions asked, but I couldn’t even get that level of engagement. There was no “discussion”, which is what a discussion board is for. The ONLY engagement I got was a jibe about not going to detective school any time soon, and even that was not in direct response to any post I made.

Anyway, enough if this, thread has lost its way.

Poor ol' BD must have lost his cool, too.

Did he get banned?

Poor ol' BD must have lost his cool, too.

Did he get banned?

Avatar on the thread title would suggest so.

Suspended. The inflexible avatar thing is a continuing annoyance

Sent to train with Malthouse. Does BSD really deserve such punishment?

The church has moved on and put in steps. Unfortunately the feral lynch mob (who in the main hate Catholics) have not moved on and never will.
Hasn’t the saga taught you anything?

I don’t hate Catholics, used to be one, and still have a beer or two with the local parish priest.

Not sure some victims will ever “move on” and being buggered by your priest as a kid has destroyed many boys and girls. I just expect Pell to front up and stand by his flock. It is the correct thing to do.

And you cannot compare this massive tragedy with any Union inquiry or Bombers Drugs saga. Show a bit of humanity, and I am sure if it was one of your kids or brothers then you may be more compassionate.

Thread of the year.

How I escaped suspension is incredible.

Teflon Peos

P. S I still can’t get the song outta my head.

For those who aren’t aware of the cover up and the churches’ deliberate efforts to stymie victims, the Broken Rites site provides a comprehensive collection of articles and research data.

http://brokenrites.org.au/drupal/

Say Pell didn't know for sure, is seems to be inconceivable that he hadn't heard the rumours of what was happening. Rumours of sexual abuse are an immediate cause of action. Those children needed protection from the devil and he did nothing to help them.
We are talking about the 70s and 80s here when he was basically just an ordinary priest. And it was a different time back then.

“It was a different time.”

Aka ‘we didn’t know hiding those who ■■■■■■ children and denying their crimes and refusing their victims compensation was wrong.’

If this piece of ■■■■ ever gets let back on the site, mods, promise to ban me for good?

Does this mean we can have a politics thread again?

Say Pell didn't know for sure, is seems to be inconceivable that he hadn't heard the rumours of what was happening. Rumours of sexual abuse are an immediate cause of action. Those children needed protection from the devil and he did nothing to help them.
We are talking about the 70s and 80s here when he was basically just an ordinary priest. And it was a different time back then.

Aka ‘we didn’t know hiding those who ■■■■■■ children and denying their crimes and refusing their victims compensation was wrong.’

If this piece of ■■■■ ever gets let back on the site, mods, promise to ban me for good?

No friggin’ way.
But I can confirm that looking the other way on ■■■■-■■■■■■■ children was still a bit of a no-no even in the ancient times of 1986, it’s not just you.

I hope that helps.

No friggin’ way.
But I can confirm that looking the other way on ■■■■-■■■■■■■ children was still a bit of a no-no even in the ancient times of 1986, it’s not just you.

I hope that helps.

It started off as ‘How could he have known?’

Then it moved to ‘so what, it was the 80’s, how could he know kiddie fiddling was bad?’

Quite a disturbing thread really

You are right Paul Peos, disturbing that anyone can have views like Tripper.

I don’t mind the political BS, he comes up with having listened to right wing nutjobs rant for a very long time, but this is sad, sick and very serious.

He himself admits that things could have and should have been handled better. But unless someone invents a time machine I’m not sure exactly what people want from him now.

And at the end of the day a rumor is just a rumor. You can confront a person and ask but if they deny it then what?

One more point: Priests by design instinctively believe there is good in everyone and that everyone can be forgiven - no matter what horrific crimes someone might have done. I don’t think the every day person quite understands that concept.

I imagine reason the everyday person doesn’t quite understand the concept that “priests by design instinctively believe there is good in everyone” is because those priests are either directly involved in or complicit by turning a blind eye to the systemic molestation of vulnerable children and the cover up of those responsible. Is it any wonder that the numbers of young people actively attending church (of whatever denomination) is in decline when the first thing that springs to mind when someone says “catholic priest” is “child-molester”? I’m not religious, never have been and doubt I ever will be, but it’s not hard to see why I have no intention of letting my kids anywhere near such an organisation.

Rightly or not, it’s the viewpoint of many in the world.

You are right Paul Peos, disturbing that anyone can have views like Tripper.

I don’t mind the political BS, he comes up with having listened to right wing nutjobs rant for a very long time, but this is sad, sick and very serious.

The thing is, I wouldn’t say it’s even “right wing”. A true “right winger” would probably be there advocating the death penalty for all paedophiles. It’s just ignorance, denial and perhaps he has some link with the church or some other institution where these things happen, because it’s not just the catholic church unfortunately.

It’s almost a hyper-vigilant reaction to anything perceived as “lefty”. More specifically, Pell is Tone’s mate and so must be defended to the death bar nothing.

Maybe Pope Frankie should focus more on peodophile priests than the US election? Also I wonder when the Vatican will remove the wall that surrounds them and let’s everyone in?

He himself admits that things could have and should have been handled better. But unless someone invents a time machine I’m not sure exactly what people want from him now.

And at the end of the day a rumor is just a rumor. You can confront a person and ask but if they deny it then what?

One more point: Priests by design instinctively believe there is good in everyone and that everyone can be forgiven - no matter what horrific crimes someone might have done. I don’t think the every day person quite understands that concept.

Absolute bullshite… It’s the people who put faith in the church, nuns and priests to look after and care for their children who have been betrayed. The ‘instinct’ of nuns and priests is to believe the worst of those in their care. It is a religion centered on fear.