Time to get even

It is time to get back at the press.

I am an executive of a national company and have just instructed our advertising company to withdraw all advertising in Fairfax papers nationally on Tuesdays which would amount to approximately $100,000 per annum.

I urge a legal person to draft a letter of support that we all could post on our social media sites encouraging readers to stop purchasing Fairfax media papers on Tuesdays and to boycott advertised products in Tuesdays papers, this in turn will cause advertisers to stop advertising and cause havoc with Fairfax revenue,

we then demand a front page retraction and apology to Essendon FC before the boycott ceases then move onto the next publication

With 8000 members on this site I’m sure it would not take long to get millions of likes to this plight and this would have a lot more immediate reaction than a long winded court battle

I assume you have made FF aware of this? 

Sack everyone!

Yes if fact we did advise our account manager we would withdraw our Tuesday advertising as a form of protest about their non factual reporting

Please don’t!

Only a couple of journos in fairfax are bad. There are good journos with them.

Please don't!
Only a couple of journos in fairfax are bad. There are good journos with them.

rohan is that you?

I'm all for this kind of action. 

The quality of reporting at Fairfax papers has declined over the years because the management have focused on numbers. And I know that they didn't have a choice: while these media organisations are ideally key pillars of democracy, they're businesses, and this is a capitalist society. The good editors/journos at Fairfax are as susceptible to the consequences of this as any of us are in any industry.

We're not asking them to overthrow capitalism, nor am I saying that's what anybody here wants. But while we as consumers/citizens must talk about journalistic ideals, it's going to have to be through the language of budgets and dividends.

I'm glad that you're doing this, Longtime. (I'm between jobs and not a legal/business person, but will help with the grassroots stuff.)

This is one of the most awesome/funniest bi-products of this whole situation.  I'd would love to buy you a beer!!!

Me love you, Longtime.

onya bud

After we've finacially crippled her paper can we still shitbomb her house? 

Does one have to post online what they will do - Just do it if you feel the need.

Nobody reads papers anymore.

We should start our own online news site with a paper publication monthly. I am sure there are enough quality contributers to contribute to it and there could be a subscription fee.

This is a great initiative. The only way to hurt them is through the bottom. Get up a campaign for all Essendon supporters to cancel their subscriptions to The Age as well.

Sorry about that. A bum post. I meant the bottom line.

After we've finacially crippled her paper can we still shitbomb her house? 

good idea! and as shes clearly moved into Demetrious its a two for one deal!

This is a great initiative. The only way to hurt them is through the bottom. Get up a campaign for all Essendon supporters to cancel their subscriptions to The Age as well.

Come on mate, no need to stoop to Vlad's level.

Boycott AFL sponsors and advertisers

It is time to get back at the press.
I am an executive of a national company and have just instructed our advertising company to withdraw all advertising in Fairfax papers nationally on Tuesdays which would amount to approximately $100,000 per annum.
I urge a legal person to draft a letter of support that we all could post on our social media sites encouraging readers to stop purchasing Fairfax media papers on Tuesdays and to boycott advertised products in Tuesdays papers, this in turn will cause advertisers to stop advertising and cause havoc with Fairfax revenue,
we then demand a front page retraction and apology to Essendon FC before the boycott ceases then move onto the next publication
With 8000 members on this site I'm sure it would not take long to get millions of likes to this plight and this would have a lot more immediate reaction than a long winded court battle

Interesting move. If I was the owner of your Company, I think that I would question why you are spending $100k a year with Fairfax, when it is not needed. And if it is needed, then what revenue will this affect? Maybe if you go public on this ove and name your Company, then you would get a shitload of free publicity, probably TV as well.

Not sure if serious :huh: