Tippa....... get on board here!

Rioli isn't a 25 touch per game player.

I should point out anyone who has been to a VFL game of his this year has heard me. There's a reason I spell his name TIPPA (though the spelt version is kinda tame).

Can vouch for this. I do the same. I also have been known to call him "laconic" on behalf of all of Blitz

I should point out anyone who has been to a VFL game of his this year has heard me. There's a reason I spell his name TIPPA (though the spelt version is kinda tame).

Can vouch for this. I do the same. I also have been known to call him "laconic" on behalf of all of Blitz

Is he actually any good? I've never seen him live, only in televised games (and there has been bugger all of those), and in those that I have seen he has been decidedly underwhelming.

As I said in the other thread, what strikes me is his improvement over the season. He now knows where to stand at contests, when to spread, WHERE to spread to; nuances of the 'pro' game, if you will. Someone's been spending a lot of time with him. Add this to his fitness improvements, his deceptive speed and his obvious natural ability and who knows where he can end up. 

Rookie spot for sure, and depending on the quality of the draft maybe even on of our late, sorry first or second picks.

seen him a couple of times. did nice things, didn't get a ton of it but what he did was good.

he is young and I think having a year to develop him has been beneficial.

Give him a rookie spot which gives him 2 years to improve him game and us 2 years to decide whether he is worth the risk.

Have been to a couple of VFL games. He actually knows how to play football. With proper coaching he could be groomed well for a role.

Have been to a couple of VFL games. He actually knows how to play football. With proper coaching he could be groomed well for a role.

That last sentence is a bit too "Jimmy Saville" for me.

Rolf Harris for a coaching role?

As I said in the other thread, what strikes me is his improvement over the season. He now knows where to stand at contests, when to spread, WHERE to spread to; nuances of the 'pro' game, if you will. Someone's been spending a lot of time with him. Add this to his fitness improvements, his deceptive speed and his obvious natural ability and who knows where he can end up.

Indeed, he went from late addition to listed not getting a game, to getting a game, to holding a spot, to getting in the best.
Aside from that, and I can't stress this enough (each year) when people understand where he has come from, for him to get a spot would be one of the great football stories

Rolf Harris for a coaching role?

Tippa is only young, he might get touched up a bit in his first games.

Indeed, he went from late addition to listed not getting a game, to getting a game, to holding a spot, to getting in the best.
Aside from that, and I can't stress this enough (each year) when people understand where he has come from, for him to get a spot would be one of the great football stories

That would only be relevant if we were a charity. And we are not.

I don't think he'll be a 25 touch a game guy.

What he can do is win the ball in a contest & get it going our way. Which I've never really seen Davey do, and Jetta only occasionally (he finds a bit of it in space if he's playing well).

Agreed. He is very creative in traffic. The 5 or so times I've seen him live, he has always pulled at least 1 or 2 freakish manouvers in contested situations, that show you that he has the ability to be a v.special player. Given his improvement this year and the potential upside - I would be shocked if they didn't rookie him.

That would only be relevant if we were a charity. And we are not.

a pharmaceutical company?

BRING HIM IN

Whether he can make it as an AFL player is questionable.

Whether he will be better for us than Jetta or Davey is certainly yes. A full AFL pre season would do him the world of good as well

HE IS THE NEW GIBSON TURNER.

I WANT HIM BADLY.

FULL ■■■■.

But how are we going to draft him? Too many other clubs standing in line between him and our chance to draft him? 

Nobody compares to Dean Rioli.

Put your pants back on.

that is fact