Tips for starting working again

So looks like im going to be working again after 12 months travelling and basically chilling.
Reckon it might be a struggle to begin with but will be good to have an income again!

Any tips?

Get off Blitz and look for a job?

Fkn awesome.

That’s right. You can’t really enjoy Bblitz unles you’re arguing ■■■■■ on the company dime.

i got a job. start next week or the week after. but thanks for playing. and Boris is 100% correct.

Can’t be done.

So looks like im going to be working again after 12 months travelling and basically chilling. Reckon it might be a struggle to begin with but will be good to have an income again!

Any tips?

I took a year off to travel.
Once done, I just went back to my previous employer first to see if they had any positions available.
I then had a six month lay-off last year and used the time to upskill and do some courses, then went through an agent to help me find a new employer.
Worked very well and was employed after my first interview.

As far as which agency to go to, just check what the biggest ones are within your industry.
They are worth their commission as they don’t get paid if you’re unemployed and will generally negotiate your preferred take home pay and then they take their cut off the top of that.

Celebrate some milestones that you set yourself. Getting back into the routine of work can be a bit tough but if you set little goals and then celebrate them, it can get you thru those restless times. You’ll find yourself thinking about…" this time last month/year I was in Switzerland… gee, wish I was back there". This can increase the feeling of restlessness. I used to challenge myself and say “where will I be this time next year” and plan accordingly. Helped me focus on what I felt was important.

And yes, Blitz is so much more enjoyable when it is on company time…

Set up an Advice King blog. It’s your calling.

Can I ask what you do Mink?

Fark talking about work. How were the travels?

Set up an Advice King blog. It's your calling.

Surely when you’re the king of fantasy ice hockey and football that should be enough to secure you a job?

Just marry a rich girl and be done with it. Work is for fools and horses.

Set up an Advice King blog. It's your calling.

Surely when you’re the king of fantasy ice hockey and football that should be enough to secure you a job?

It should be. But life isn’t fair. Speaking of which there is an obvious homeless issue in Melbourne town. Lots of people down on their luck.
So looks like im going to be working again after 12 months travelling and basically chilling. Reckon it might be a struggle to begin with but will be good to have an income again!

Any tips?

Turn up on time and leave on time.

That’s all you need to do.

Can I ask what you do Mink?

good question.

Business Consultant by trade across a range of things. primarily business process related.

Travels were sweet as!
kinda weird that i know another city really well now. hopefully go back to berlin in the next year or so… i love the place.