To the players, thank you

Been amazing under the worst circumstances. Can't wait for this list to play for reals next year.

Amazing fortitude all round. Love em.

I hope they all stick together and fight to bring the club back to the top.

Have been both human and superhuman. Easy to love supporting this group. The Premiership will be unspeakably amazing, and I hope the reunions are some of the best nights of their lives. 

Players have been awesome and i’ll remember 2013 wins as well as losses.

Boys fought HARD!

Great OP. You can’t question the integrity of this playing group. They have performed well above the expectations of the general football public. None of the “experts” predicted that Essendon could finish in the top half of the ladder at the start of this season and that was before this whole supplements mess was public.

Instead they have encountered the most highly pressurised environment any playing group has faced in our game’s history and, up until a month ago, were sitting second on the ladder.

In this time we have been fortunate to witness some of the most stirring wins in the club’s history including amazing comebacks against Fremantle, Adelaide, West Coast and twice against the old enemy, Carlton.

Amongst all this we have seen Carlisle emerge as one of the best full backs in the competition, Hibberd come from nowhere to be a likely All Australian, Jobe improving on his Brownlow year form prior to injury, TBC announcing himself as one of the competition’s best young rucks; Jake Melksham has gone from whipping boy to fan favourite, Goddard has shown exceptional leadership on and off the field, Dempsey has become one of the most dangerous half backs in the comp, Heppell has continued to take large strides to becoming an absolutely elite midfielder and numerous other inspiring examples.

These boys have spirit. I couldn’t be prouder.

Such an wonderful team effort that it's almost impossible to individualise. But I will. Brent Stanton played very well in the first half but his decision to come back on after sustaining a serious foot injury in the game where Jobe went down and then to continue to play injured since that point has been inspirational. He is the epitome of self sacrifice and commitment.

u guys r men of steel.. Bravo

Nothing has brought me more joy this year than the courage, spirit and sheer gritt these blokes have shown in clear adversity. Even the fact that Dyson posed for a photo with my 10 month old for a photo last weekend at Windy Hill, was pure class. He didn’t have to and I felt selfish for asking but he did it and I’m so eternally great full.

#black&reduntilimdead.

Go Dons!!!

Outstanding courage and determination showed by the boys. Will always have my support. Big wrap on the leadership group to in holding the group together. Special mentions to Jobe, especially after the mid-season booing started and to BJ who has come into the club and shown outstanding leadership when he could have easily gone the other way, a true Essendon man after only 1 season.

Heart goes out to every player on our list this year.

I just hope this galvanises rather than fractures the team. I really think we could be something special in a couple of years.

Players have been great throughout all of this.

Thanks for giving supporters so much to cheer about. You've been fantastic

Amazing effort, and resilience in the face of adversity. Love it. Love the club. Love the players.

No other team vying for a top 4 spot in the next 5 years will hold a candle to the steely resolve of this group in the heat of battles to come. This team has been to Hell and is on its way back. Hold firm boys, the strength and tenacity you’ve formed as a group this year will form the backbone of the next premiership team

Not going to get soppy. And no-one else is allowed too, either. Understand?
Anyway, I'd like to thank each and every player on the essendon list from 2013. You have been magnificent and the honor has been mine to see some of the wins you have had, and the dignity and self pride so evident under unprecedented pressure.
If you are all on board again next year, rest assured the fans will be too.
That is all.

What this man said.

i love them <3

Agree wholeheartedly. Can't fathom how stressful it must've been to be directly involved. Good stuff boys, the Carlton win in particular will never be forgotten.

Anyway, I'd like to thank each and every player on the essendon list from 2013. You have been magnificent and the honor has been mine to see some of the wins you have had, and the dignity and self pride so evident under unprecedented pressure.
That is all.

Couldn't of said it better myself.

You boys have displayed more mental toughness than I ever could of dreamed you had. Nobody has ever gone through anything close to this in AFL history, you did- and you passed with flying colours.

Your performance have really kept Essendon fans upbeat throughout this whole saga.

You could of packed it in before the season had even started, but you didn't you kept on fighting. For that i am eternally gratefull.

Thanks for some of the most inspirational wins i have ever seen:

*Adelaide- round 1

*Freo- coming from behind in the wet

*Crushing any hope that Melbourne had (was great to see the club dishing out a smashing)

*Anzac Day

*Beating Carlton twice, and breaking their hearts

It has been great watching you boys play this year. Enjoy you break in the off season, you sure as hell have earned it.

Most of all thank you for showing the AFL world that Essendon is a force to be reckoned with and for having true pride in the jumper.

Not to mention thank you for showing faith in the club by re-signing in huge numbers.

We will never leave you. Together we can achieve great things.

That is all.

x10789.