Tom Boyd

I hate even seeing the name of the thread in this forum. lolworthy

Remind me what happened when Million Dollar Baby and HepA had their marking contest.

Oh, I remember, HepA schooled him.

Soooooooooooo no.

Wasn’t it Pears who owned him?

Was Daniher any better at the same stage?

Was Daniher any better at the same stage?

Much better.

Someone that doesn't follow football that closely anymore because it's a pile of over sanitised corrupt corporate bullshit. What's your excuse.

Just realised that made absolutely no sense. In retrospect, maybe I was high.

Remind me what happened when Million Dollar Baby and HepA had their marking contest.

Oh, I remember, HepA schooled him.

Soooooooooooo no.

Wasn’t it Pears who owned him?

Pears was his nominal man and had a good game, but this particular contest saw Million Dollar Baby on his own. So HepA just came in and beat him in the air.
Worth paying half his salary to get him off Doggies hands?

This was a bad thread and you should feel bad.

Now that youve made this thread I can comfortably come in and suggest pinching riewoldt from richmond and nobody will be as angry as youve already made them

This thread

Thread, … pls.

How is this Thead still open?

No.

Looks like a flog.

If Hurleys rolls on out and Dogs are stuck paying 1/2 the bill id consider it. The boy can play, on the other side if he is a Flog he can F R O

Can he though? Why doesn’t he show it then, like, at all?

If Hurleys rolls on out and Dogs are stuck paying 1/2 the bill id consider it. The boy can play, on the other side if he is a Flog he can F R O

Can he though? Why doesn’t he show it then, like, at all?

Time will be the Judge

He will become a very good player in time. People shouldn’t judge him on what the dogs payed to get him. He is a huge unit but is still very young, so will take 5-6 years before he shows what he’s capable of.

Of the KPF’s playing today, not many of them had an impact in their first 3 years.

I still think he’ll be a very good player and would jump at the chance to take him if only paying half his salary. He’s a 20 year old key forward. How many 20 year olds or younger are playing key forward at AFL senior level? Off the top of my head Peter Wright is the only player I can think of.

The most similar player in the comp to him is Hawkins, and at the same age they are tracking almost identically on averages. People are keen to see him fail because of his contract, but it’s way too early to call it a bust.

I still think he’ll be a very good player and would jump at the chance to take him if only paying half his salary. He’s a 20 year old key forward. How many 20 year olds or younger are playing key forward at AFL senior level? Off the top of my head Peter Wright is the only player I can think of.

The most similar player in the comp to him is Hawkins, and at the same age they are tracking almost identically on averages. People are keen to see him fail because of his contract, but it’s way too early to call it a bust.

I still think he'll be a very good player and would jump at the chance to take him if only paying half his salary. He's a 20 year old key forward. How many 20 year olds or younger are playing key forward at AFL senior level? Off the top of my head Peter Wright is the only player I can think of.

In answer to the first question McCartin, Wright, Moore, and Schache. Obviously a lot have been in the recent past too (Hogan, Daniher, Cameron, Stringer, Lynch, McCarthy, and so on as you go back in time).

Hawkins in particular had played 16 more games (a lot considering Boyd has played 27), kicking 1.4 goals per game to 1.0. Also 5 marks to 3.1, 11 disposals to 7.1 (6.3 kicks to 4.9). So Hawkins played more games, and on average kicked more goals, got more of the ball, and took more marks, all by a substantial amount. I imagine you’ll say games played and goals kicked doesn’t show the impact of a key forward or something, but here’s some comparison points after three years (ordered by games played):

Roughead - 58 games @ 1.0 goals
Franklin - 56 games @ 2.2 goals
Cameron - 51 games @ 2.4 goals
Stringer - 50 games @ 1.8 goals
N Riewoldt - 50 games @ 1.1 goals
Daniher - 48 games @ 1.4 goals
B Brown (in 3rd year) - 47 games @ 1.6 goals
J Riewoldt - 46 games @ 1.2 goals
Cloke - 45 games @ 1.2 goals
Hawkins - 43 games @ 1.4 goals
Hogan (in 3rd year) - 34 games @ 2.3 goals
Tippett - 33 games @ 2.2 goals
Walker - 32 games @ 1.8 goals
Patton who had a knee reconstruction - 29 games @ 1.2 goals
Boyd (in 3rd year but indefinitely suspended) - 27 games @ 1.0 goals
He is tracking better than Kennedy (29 games @ 0.6 goals) and arguably Dixon (35 games @ 0.8 goals) and GC Lynch (38 games @ 0.9 goals)

I still think he'll be a very good player and would jump at the chance to take him if only paying half his salary. He's a 20 year old key forward. How many 20 year olds or younger are playing key forward at AFL senior level? Off the top of my head Peter Wright is the only player I can think of.

Half his salary is still 500K at a year.

You’d jump at the chance to take him for 500K a year? For real?