Tom Mitchell

Hawks getting all of O'Meara,Mitchell,Vickery smells of Geelong when they got Danger,Smith,Henderson

We saw what happened to Geelong when you trade away your future tonight.

Make a prelim and finish in the top 4?

If they win the flag, why would he leave?

$$$

Will be a quality pick up for the Hawks if they land him. With his time and poise in traffic he reminds me a lot of Joe Misiti. He also has underrated foot skills when he chooses to use them. Would love this young bloke at the Dons.

Want. But No chance.

Clarkson at the MCG just to watch him. And he didnā€™t disappoint.

And look the reality is we have been such an unknown quantity until well, right now.

It might be that out 2017 season is the one that attracts Players to our club.

Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a distant respect for how we have handled the last few years, but our performance next year-IF we reach finals, will bring players to us. I really believe there must surely be some kind of admiration amongst many afl players how our club has navigated the storm.

Xavier Campbell is an amazing guy it seems.

Want. But No chance.

Lol a week ago you didnā€™t want him (page 1) which I found surprising as he is a very good mid. Can be defensively minded or free-wheel. Very good at stoppages and decent enough outside too.

I didnā€™t say I didnā€™t want him. I quoted rebootā€™s ā€œnopeā€ as in we (EFC) were no chance or not interested.

We are fools if not interested in him. Pure creative footballer

Want. But No chance.

Lol a week ago you didnā€™t want him (page 1) which I found surprising as he is a very good mid. Can be defensively minded or free-wheel. Very good at stoppages and decent enough outside too.

I didnā€™t say I didnā€™t want him. I quoted rebootā€™s ā€œnopeā€ as in we (EFC) were no chance or not interested.

We are fools if not interested in him. Pure creative footballer

There is a big difference between not interested and no chance. If he had shown any inkling of considering us we would be all over it. No point chasing somebody who doesnā€™t want you at all.

Money is obviously a big motivator for him

We have money

Money, an easier move (Wouldnā€™t be held up by other trades etc). We have the picks and the cash. We are not Hawthorn, so not seen as a bigger threat to Sydney.

If you wanted the move to Melbourne and the cash, you wouldnā€™t want to slink back to Sydney on 380k because the trade could not be done.

At the very worst, he is pushing his trade value up to make the equation that bit harder for Hawthorn to get he and Oā€™Meara. I hope he plays another blinder in the GF.

Want. But No chance.

I still donā€™t see how they will be able to get all three, somebody is going to get screwed by Hawks this trade period.

17 teams Iā€™d say.

Money is obviously a big motivator for him

We have money

to be fair I know you didnā€™t mean anything negative by this.

Money is always a motivator. Always. That why they have player mgrs.

But itā€™s not always the main motivator (often itā€™s not). In this case Tom Mitchell has every right to feel a little miffed if they have salary cap pressures and can only offer him 380k because they place less value on keeping him than Franklin, Heeney, Tippett, Parker etc etc.

He would be saying, man I have done all the hard yards and your going to offer more money to Heeny who is just a young punk (incredible talent) and based on potential not his actual football output for the club (note* great last 2 weeks).

So itā€™s not just money itā€™s respect. Would Mitchell feel appropriately respected if he was one 380k while Tippett was on 1M and Heeney 500-600k?

Sydney are happy to sacrifice him and that would p$ss me off because he probably loves his teammates and club.

So yes money but letā€™s not make out like it all about money (note OP didnā€™t)

It wasnā€™t meant to be negative at all

He rightly wants to be rewarded for his good performance and, I think we should make an offer that recognises that good performance, because we have the ability to do so. Swans donā€™t

I reckon we are zero chanceā€¦ but drool worthy. This was the same kid that couldnā€™t get a game in the seniors until he was posting 40+ touches in the reserves.

Has always been overlooked a little because of the glut of quality Sydney has through the middle. Finally the reduction in COLA seems to be hitting home for this mob and it looks like they may lose a player or two.

Still not seeing how Hawks can land two genuine ā€˜top 10 pick worthyā€™ players and Vickery in the one draft. Brad Hill being involved in any trade for Pick 3 is laughableā€¦ no way is lyons giving up a gem for an outside running flash player.

Heā€™s too good to get to Hawthorn.

I reckon we are zero chance.. but drool worthy. This was the same kid that couldn't get a game in the seniors until he was posting 40+ touches in the reserves.

Has always been overlooked a little because of the glut of quality Sydney has through the middle. Finally the reduction in COLA seems to be hitting home for this mob and it looks like they may lose a player or two.

Still not seeing how Hawks can land two genuine ā€˜top 10 pick worthyā€™ players and Vickery in the one draft. Brad Hill being involved in any trade for Pick 3 is laughableā€¦ no way is lyons giving up a gem for an outside running flash player.

Definitely not after the Lovett fiasco.

Iā€™d rather Tom Mitchell than Dustin Martin. May not get both but donā€™t want Dusty anywhere near our club.

At the very worst, he is pushing his trade value up to make the equation that bit harder for Hawthorn to get he and O'Meara. I hope he plays another blinder in the GF.

Hereā€™s to Mitchell winning the Norm Smith.

Whats the bet that Sydney does a Hawthorn and renegotates the contracts of some of their top paid players to ā€˜keep the team togetherā€™ 380k to 550k isnā€™t that much a 30k per player amongst 6 players. Throw in tax in the top bracket and there giving up around 16k eachā€¦

McVeigh & McGlynn to retireā€¦

McVeigh & McGlynn to retire...

Agree. Should free up enough space for him.