Tom Mitchell

Had a massive finals series and was probably Sydney's second best player after JPK. I think he is undervalued by many because he doesn't present as an athletic and gifted player. I reckon he's worth a top 10 pick.

Yeah it’s funny how when his name was first floated on here people were rubbishing him or didn’t see the value he’d bring to a new club. They’ve gone a bit quiet oddly enough. I’m not sure they’d actually seen much of him.

Doesn’t stop most people here…if they fluff one kick in their first 3 games, they’re tagged as having crap disposal for the rest of their career.

Unless they want to come to us, of course, having played 4 games over 3 years and had bugger-all touches. Then they’re superstars and we have to get them even though we have plenty of depth in that position.

If I recall, Mitchell got about 75 touches in his first game in the wet…against us.

I thought so too, but he only had 18 and kicked a goal. Had 37 touches this year though…

If memory serves, he may have only had 18 but pretty sure it was in a bit over a quarter as the sub? Could be totally wrong…

You are correct - good call.

Surely if towers goes mvgyln retires they will be all to keep and if McVeigh goes

What the actual ■■■■ is that supposed to say?

Surely if towers goes mvgyln retires they will be all to keep and if McVeigh goes

It says - swipe to text.

Believe me, I would know

able not all

Rumours he has re-signed at the Swans for 3 years

McGlynn forced out it seems. To make way for Mitchell?

Forced out? You didn’t see the Grand Final?

Forced out? You didn't see the Grand Final?

Rohan and Tippett would be on their way too if we are going by the GF.
McGlynn looked cooked halfway through the season though

Forced out, retired off, not offered another contract...whatever you want to call it he wanted to stay but they have said see you later. So now there is a spot and probably a few extra dollars for Mitchell. All guesses.

Cap squeeze only going to worsen for them!

If not already, we should start working on Heeney for 2018.
Could win a flag with him.

If not already, we should start working on Heeney for 2018. Could win a flag with him.

Wouldn’t surprise me if that’s what the Hawks are doing. Force up the value of Mitchell this year, go after Heeney next year.

I’m with Diggers, and he’s got to be an age.

I remember mcdav getting right under his skin up at Bendigo in 2005…the day I met megz and mcdav for the first time.

“Give us a grin, McGlynn” in the fog and cold at Bendigo. He lost it, too.

I’ve had a couple of North supporters claiming Heaney to them is a done deal. Hard to believe that he’s remotely attainable but if he was he’d be the one to go after above ANYONE else in the league

I've had a couple of North supporters claiming Heaney to them is a done deal. Hard to believe that he's remotely attainable but if he was he'd be the one to go after above ANYONE else in the league

I guess if Heeney likes being out of the spotlight in Sydney, then North would be the Victorian club to move to.

Lol.

They’re winding you up.

Sign Ricky Dyson as a DFA and then package him up with a third rounder and it should get the deal done.

Haha - nice, but Ricky has signed on as the coach of Bundoora FC next year

Don’t know how the Hawks are going to satisfy both GC and Swans with fark all trade currency they will need to let go of some quality.

I've had a couple of North supporters claiming Heaney to them is a done deal. Hard to believe that he's remotely attainable but if he was he'd be the one to go after above ANYONE else in the league

I guess if Heeney likes being out of the spotlight in Sydney, then North would be the Victorian club to move to.

nah, he would be there only marketable face

Heeney doesn’t fit Norfs age profile, maybe when he is 40 they can draft him