Tom Rockliff

You want a two way player, this is your guy.

Tackles like a madman.

Can also rest forward and be very effective.

3 Likes

Story is he is building a new house in qld, so unsure he is leaving

Such a shame. His type of player was nigh on perfect to improve one of our areas of weakness.

Do you know if we approached him ?

1 Like

Wasn’t expecting to get him, its sounded like we weren’t in the race, but, RATS RATS RATS!

Thanks for the info.

No problem, better to go harder for a younger gun player. Rockliff might have already peaked…

Of course he’s peaked. But he would have been a free hit trade wise in an area that we could use improvement in. Whereas a young kid will (theoretically) cost a lot in trade value, and in truth while we will try to woo a few we probably won’t be the club any of them choose. If we had gone hard for Rockliff he was far more gettable than someone like Kelly, and is totally is Essendon’s age range.

Having said that, like Ants I wasn’t expecting to get him as it never sounded like we were in the race.

Oh well, back to Kellypalooza…

where is he going?

Are you ‘Hoppering’ mad about this?

2 Likes

Well that sucks, would really fit our needs. I would hope that we put at least a very good offer to him

Rockliff means we would have bought ourselves 2-3 years to get younger mids ready to be contributors rather than passengers. majorly missed opportunity imo.

But Zak Jones will?

Still want Rocky. Get Adrian onto it! ADRIAN!

3 Likes

Only if the opportunity was genuine.

Think we should be going hard at Rockliff. Fits our needs perfectly and is a free agent meaning he doesn’t cost us players or picks.

Had an impressive season. Prior to hurting his shoulder he got plenty of it. Then later in the season he showed he can play defensively when asked to do a job.

Jackets get it done.

9 Likes

My boy. The experienced midfield beast we need

2 Likes

Brisbane might not mind him leaving as a free agent. If they get a first round compo pick, they have pick 1 and 2

4 Likes

I think it would be more like 1 and 19

2 Likes