Tom Rockliff

If Jackets is telling the truth and we aren’t interested in Rockliff but are looking at Crameri then he isn’t fit for the job. Our number one weakness is the midfield.

Please be trolling Disco.

Crammers offers us nothing that we need - other than a VFL goal kicker.

2 Likes

Geez if they think giving Crameri midfield time is going to save us this place is Farked…

1 Like

We’re not interested in Crameri. Jackets was just being polite in answering the question about whether we wanted him.

“It’s an interesting one,” Dodoro said. “Given he’s a former player at the club, we’d like to see where he’s at. But it’s not a priority for us at this point in time.”

That’s pretty much a “Yeah, nah” whilst making sure we don’t hurt Stewie’s feelings.

20 Likes

I think people are reading way, way too much into that. he was asked a question and he said it was an interesting one but that it is very low priority. In other words, it won’t happen unless a throw away rookie spot.

Priority is midfield (but not Rockliff which I agree with).

1 Like

not interested in Rockliff…fk off

1 Like

Still can’t help but think that Crameri will end up being the steak-knives in a Stringer deal, be it to Geelong or us. Kinda like what Bird was for the Carlisle deal.

Finally dodoro doing the right thing, DO NOT WANT.

1 Like

If it gets the Stringer trade across the line without us coughing up more than we would pay for Stringer alone (like the Edwards/Whatisname deal with GWS) then Stewie can have 1 year at bottom dollar and help to develop the kids in the VFL. I’m not fussed if he takes the spot of Jerrett or the like for 12 months. We should be turning over enough spots that I can wear this for a year if it gets us Stringer.

1 Like

Raaaaaaacccciiiiist

9 Likes

Like a companion pony?

I would have concerns if Stringers decision is contingent on crammers getting a gig.

I hope Disco has someone lined up because it’s going to be a very disappointing trade period if not.

4 Likes

Maybe we’re targeting another Brisbane player and don’t want to p!ss them off by grabbing Rockliff for nothing. Bit of a stretch i know, but just a thought.

1 Like

They didn’t top up their lists with 28 year olds to do it!

Welcome to Essendon, Dayne Zorko

8 Likes

Come on down Tom Sheridan

1 Like

All I can think of is a team like Carlton getting Rockliff on a cheapo 3 year deal and he just dominates…

2 Likes

We have to have someone else lined up and across the linen if we aren’t even talking to a Rockliff.

1 Like

Why would we ask about Ablett, but not Rockliff? What the actual fk

I’d seriously, seriously hope we have a midfielder lined up if we’re doing that type of thing

8 Likes

Dodoro said:

“Tom’s a really good player. He probably doesn’t fit our demographic for where we’re going as a club. We probably identify guys who are 22 or 23 years of age to go with our current group of younger players who we’ve got,” Dodoro said.
“He’s a very good player but he’s probably not in our sights.”

1 Like

Mr Strawman would match up on Broomhead I imagine. He’d get cleaned up though.

1 Like