Tom Rockliff

Maybe since we don’t expect Rockliff now and Dodoro said to “expect the unexpected” we should now expect Rockliff

2 Likes

I reckon we baulked at his price.

No way he is worth the reported 800k the blues are offering for 4 years.

2 Likes

Hmmm, he’s not quite Rockliff enough.

3 Likes

Yes he is, because you always need to add 20% to get them out of their existing club

2 Likes

Great. Now I’m expecting him so there’s no chance.

Nice one.

2 Likes

Well I didn’t expect that so now it’s back on!

We at least have to ask the question to see if Rockliff is attainable. Joke if we haven’t yet asked about Ablett.

Can we scale the heights to get him or will we end up rock bottom?

People’s elbow

We must harness all our energy in pursing this or we may find ourselves in free fall.

I am sure we can find an anchor to keep us balanced.

If so that’s sh*t. With the increased salary cap now, and considering he’s value on the open market, and the calibre player he is, he’s worth every bit of that

3 Likes

It was clearly stated by Dodoro that it was based on age.

Not sure why we would want to hold back our youth any further by getting a guy in that will be 28 next year and only has 2 or 3 more years of good service.

The 20 to 25 y.o. market is what we are looking at and it makes perfect sense.

2 Likes

How is getting someone who is regarded as one of the best holding back our youth?

How about they actually earn their position in the side you know by performing so well in the twos that the coach cannot ignore them, getting a spot in the side and playing so well they can’t be dropped. I know it’s not gen y over inflated opinion of ones self and need for instant gratification but it seems to work elsewhere.

3 Likes

Thread needs more
rocky_bullwinkle_sticker__93720

2 Likes

You only have to read Langfords thread to see that people thought he should be playing more senior games this year. I would prefer to take a backward step and give Langers, Laverde, Parish and others more opportunity than a guy that’s only got a few years left.

I for one are sick of us taking chances on mature players when they rarely work out.

2 Likes

Rocky isn’t an old hack. He is playing good football in the side that got the spoon. Give him a backline and a foward line and watch him go.

How is it Hawthorne and Sydney have managed to develop players over the years, without the ability to ‘give them game time’ it dosent hurt their players, infact they seem to take their chances when they come into the side and work ■■■■■■ hard to make sure they don’t get dropped. If gifting spots to young players who haven’t earnt them was such a good development tool, Melbourne and Carlton would have plenty of flags.

3 Likes

The only reason we’re not interested in Rockliff is because we’ve got Parker sewn up.

/thread

4 Likes

Parker is just another Jacket for Dodoro

6 Likes

Fixed

4 Likes