Tom Rockliff

He didnt sign on friday with anyone are we a sneeky chance i mean we are the destination club now arent we

Glad the club is focussing more on players who run both ways and offer at least some athleticism. Wouldnā€™t mind Rockliff, but hes not my idea of an 800k player.

1 Like

No way.

Iā€™d suggest the reason we werenā€™t very interested in Rockliff is because we were confident on the 3 Sā€™s

Means at least 1 of Mutch, the Langford, Clarke and Begley need to come good as an inside mid. 2 get there and we have an excellent list.

Still think the Francis situation has brought another S into play. Not the Sloane kind.

Has Rockliff been carrying an injury for 3 years?

Legit didnt even know he played. Checked the stats, 8 touches and a goal, hardly worth the huge money he was asking for (if he got it)

Checked further, averaging 12 touches and a goal a game. Played out of position?

Apparently he had calf troubles early in the game yesterday and will probably miss a few weeks according to Hinkley.
Hinkley said calf tightness. Then he said as coaches, we say tightness but itā€™s usually more than that

Been injured through preseason and had next to no impact this year when in side as Port doesnā€™t play the chip it around game Bris were

Super glad we didnā€™t outlay $800k on him

2 Likes

Had shoulder surgery in October so didnā€™t resume full contact training until late and then missed the JLT series with a knee strain. Can tell he is nowhere near fit enough to be playing and Iā€™d say he will be back in the SANFL earning his $800k a year

2 Likes

I badly wanted us to pick him up. So happy I was wrong and it didnā€™t happen.

Same. Though I doubt anyone could have seen the interrupted preseason he has had.

1 Like

I didnā€™t notice him at all. Someone else was near the Port bench and said he kept coming off limping then stayed deep forward. Clearly played out the game in distress.

This club is farked - why didnā€™t we put EVERYTHING into Rockliff???
WHY???

1 Like

HOW MANY BLITZERS DOES ROCKLIFF KNOW!?!?

1 Like

Reckon Rocky is a just a multi, anyway.

1 Like

24 touches and 5 tackles was his 2017 average. I would have that in our midfield right now, wouldnā€™t you? If the club can foresee preseason injuries then good luck to them

3 Likes

I would be happy with that.
Thereā€™s more to it than that though, and the club was aware of it.

1 Like

More alluding to something without saying anything whilst justifying a club decision whewwee.

Yes he is a flog and has done some pretty average stuff but give me a flog who can play over a choirboy who canā€™t anyday. From all reports his attitude at Port has been top notch obviously just needed a change of scenery. I do think we dodged a bullet though as he is becoming quite injury prone and not sure how long he can remain at a decent level

Given Rockliff and Sloane are the same ageā€¦
Then we should probably dodge Sloane as well.

1 Like

Sloane would be lovely. As with anything, depends on cost.