Tom Rockliff

They swap Gibbs for Lever? Heard that the other day. Would Adelaide do that?

No.
Lever is as good as gone IMO. Dogs or Pies will grab him.
Crows are very confident they will get Rockcliff so they wonā€™t bother with Gibbs

Man we could really do with this bloke.

1 Like

BRING HIM IN.

Gibbs is what? 29?

Lever is about 22

As good as Lever seems to be, Iā€™d be surprised if Carlton Spent big on another back. Reckon theyā€™ll be going hard for an elite mid like Kelly.

Has to be the dogs for Lever, they missed Hurley, Hammling blind sided them going to Freo and they are seriously lacking in quality down there. I bet they are spewing they didnā€™t try Jones at FB.

Rockliff I think will stay, but clearly a few clubs having a real crack.

If its 800k Brisbane need to get a first round compo pick and the money is out there for hm, theyā€™d be mad not to give him a little shove. I guess they just need to know the market.
Youā€™d take pick 2 for Rockliff - and the AFL would be pretty keen for them to get it.
Iā€™m not sure what heā€™s worth. Iā€™d be happier around 650-700

1 Like

Itā€™s a tough one, he is very good, but do you want to drop 800k of cap space on him, not sure.

Itā€™s feasible that they could finish bottom, lose Rockliff, and get a compo pick which would give then 1,2&3 in the draft.

Heā€™d play fifteen minutes for us, pop his shoulder out, then play 15% of games for the next 4 years.

1 Like

Wonā€™t happen, no way the aFL would give them a after first round compo for Rockliff and a pick 1 youā€™re crap hand out aswell.

It will be like Melbourne, they will use the Rockliff leaving to give them the extra pick and avoid the handout charity pick.

1 Like

Is it pick 2, or pick 20?

It can be either. they can hand out a first round compo which comes directly after your first pick.
For a free agent it can be first round, end of first round, second round and so on

Youā€™d hope the AFL would be restrained, but itā€™s Brisbane and the northern market blah blah blah. It wouldnā€™t surprise me to find them being ā€œbenevolentā€ toward the Bears.

Well that sucks. I thought they changed it back to ā€˜after 1st rndā€™.
Still - Iā€™m not sure they would hand pick #2 as compo if they already have pick #1.

I donā€™t think they have, but i might be wrong.
Itā€™s supposedly based on a formula (a magic formula that they only know), so it shouldnā€™t matter whether they have Pick 1 or 18.

Will be end of first rounder IMO. Canā€™t see them getting a band 1 compo for him no matter if itā€™s $800k. Reckon he would need a 5 year contract to get him Band 1 and no one is going to offer him more than 3 years IMO

There in good shape this year the Lions, Pick 1,15,18 already in the bank.

If Rockliff did leave they regardless of the first round compo they will have 3 round 1 picks (and a pick that any other year would be round 1 due to GWS losing their pick).

Bringing in 4 first round picks isnt a bad year. If they could get a couple of cheaper older bodies to help out for a couple of years they would do well.

The Lions have some serious young talent already on their list. They are nowhere near a basket case in terms of their list build and players coming through. Hipwood for mine will be a generational key position player which they will build around. Iā€™d be nudging Rockliff, banking the early pick and bringing in another high draftee to consolidate a core of blue chip players coming through together.

3 Likes