Tom Sheridan

For wingman the starting positions … are exactly what 99% of clubs do already. A guy on the side of the center square box. Brown being run-off would be a problem regardless of the rules.

There will be virtually no change in space from the starting positions. They’re almost what happens now. About the only thing it stops is sending everyone back in the dying minutes, and having a forward come off the back of the square.

Where it might have an effect is clearing out of a behind, where Brown would have to watch his man more. But then, he always would have.

Could be the place to start an extra defender (if you wanted one), ball is bounced ‘winger’ moves to backline, forward to the wing/onball, gives extra back as often happened this year.
I am not saying I agreee with extra backman but the new rule could make this happen.

So you’re saying it just mean while the ball is initially contested after the ruck bounce some players will be moving not for the ball, but to take up new positions?

Personally, I doubt that.

what if you started both wingers on the same side of square then just hit to the opposite side to let sheil destroy them!

Come to think of it you could get very adventurous to actually where you hit the ball from the bounce…stack one side back of the square forward of the square,someone will be thinking outside the square~

The year he was drafted for the second time, he dominated for Sandy playing on the wing/half forward in the finals.

2 Likes

You can see why coaches would love having Brown in the 22. He gut runs consistently and his height and build allows him to take up multiple spots. He was often presenting up on the wings last year so I don’t see why he couldn’t be played there. The explosive run comes off half back, he’s the next link in the chain. On the Sheridan side of things I think the question might also be around his value as compared to a Nick Hind or a mature ruck but chances are Jackets will call out the name of a semi mature kid at pick 90 odd that we’ve never heard of as has been his want over the past 10 years, he rarely picks a slider or a hyped mature ager.
I also like Partington if for nothing more than taking offcuts from the reigning premiers seems a safer bet than the Docker’s castaways.

This was when they were trialing starting positions at all stoppages, the new rules won;t make much difference from last year with what they are introducing.

1 Like

So he was a Witch Docker
Could be a Witch of Essington.

Shakes head…not in surprise.

1 Like