Top 4 sides to drop down in 2015?

way off top 4. Only team I can see dropping is Geelong.

way off top 4. Only team I can see dropping is Geelong.

And being replaced by Port so we are still back to square one.

Can't rely on top teams dropping down. The aging stars get replaced by young hungry players. And when you're a good side you have the luxury of leaving players in the twos longer and doing really good development on them.  

Need to become a better team/club. We need to be in the situation where we are seeing regular threads about why player x can't get into the team. Currently we have the reverse - it's more about how Melk/Jerret/whoeveristhisweekswhippingboy are still in the team. 

Geelong have finished outside the top 4 once in the last 8 years. 

Sydney have played finals 11 of the last 12 years. 6 of them top 4. 

Hawthorn 7 of the last 8 finals series, 5 times top 4. 

Become a better club. If we aren't improving at a rate greater than the competition we go backwards. 

My tip is port to get into the top 4 bracket. (not really going out on a limb given their early season form)

Cant see Hawks or swans falling out of top 4. Due to depth and the fact their old blokes keep playing good footy.

Can only really see sewell hanging up the boots this year - Burgoyne, hodge mitchell lake all got another year left.

Swans - Goodes may retire and Okeefe & LRT who didnt play much anyway. scary thought is who will swans grab with extra salary cap space with goodes and okeefe gone.

a lot will depend on injuries and who plays on at fremantle. But fremantle and Geelong to drop next year. still could be in the eight, but their aurora is dropping and they will lose some close games next year.

Fremantle need to pick up a mitch clark type to help pavlich up forward to stay in top 4. will still make 8 under lyon

Important to remember that 'dropping' is in relation to other teams, not necessarily an indicator of how a year weighs up against the previous year..

Anyway - for me, top 8 next year, without considering trades - which will make a difference...

Syd

Port

GC

Haw

Ess

Gee

Norf

Rich

I don't know about us having a shot, but hopefully there is some changes, sick of farking hawthorn and Geelong and Sydney

But I do envy their supporters having been able to follow their team when they have been up for such a lengthy period.

I really want to think that this year was our 1998 and that everything will kick into gear next year and we will become a force once again. A finals loss to North is a good starting point.

We are a way behind the top 2, Sydney & Dawks but should close on the other 2. I see we be 5th/6th next year (with everything going according to plan needed cause our depth is not all that cracked up to be and more to the point, must win all those unloseable games). The hope against hope is making top 4 in 2016, again if the Footy gods smile on us.

I still don't get why everyone thinks GC/GWS are automatically going to be amazing in the next few years. Everyone club has drafted spastics in recent years - why are they any different?

I still don't get why everyone thinks GC/GWS are automatically going to be amazing in the next few years. Everyone club has drafted spastics in recent years - why are they any different?

we only have to draft a couple of duds to be bad,gc and gws to choose 20 top picks duds to be bad.they can't get them all wrong

Unless we improve in 2015, on 2014 effort, we will fall out of the eight.   We need about four players to go and we need to trade aggressively which is something we seldom do.  Beams would be nice.   We need a good small crumbing forward who can kick goals.  Kicking goals must be a focus for us.   We also need to improve our midfield and that may come with some of or younger players, some of whom were injured this year. 

Our older players are not getting any younger or faster and some ought to do the club a favour and retire.  I don't care if a player can run all day, if that's mostly all they do and their ball and hand skills are lousy, they are of no use to us.  Some of our players simply did not come on this year and went backwards or were hardly sited.  Mediocrity is no longer acceptable. 

Letting Jetta and Hardy go is just the start.  Get the broom out Hirdy fgs.

If people think norf are a chance for the 4 then so are we. We are a very similar team to those rattlers. They beat us by 12, we beat them by 39. It’s much of a muchness

Although making the 8 won’t be easy either. Adelaide, Eagles, Pies and Suns all a chance to get in next year. It will come down to some luck, and eliminating our inconsistent crap

Pies won’t better any better next year imo (in terms of list development - injuries should improve)