Top 5 U2 songs

Only 5? ■■■■■■ hell this will be tough...

The Fly

Bad (Wide awake in America)

Pride (rattle and hum)

One

So Cruel

If Achtung Baby counted as a song this would be so much easier.

Honourable mentions;

left out the wanderer as it was a joint effort with Johnny Cash.

Even better than the real thing - the 93 season highlights package from channel 7 had this accompanying wanganeen taking that speckie running with flight headlong into sumich. forever intrinsically linked.

Lady with a spinning head - b side but deserved a spot on any late 80s to early nineties album.

Hold me thrill me kiss me kill me

I love em but a big part of U2 died around the same time as the Simpsons did, just after pop/season 7.

Still turn up to every tour though. Rock n roll doggie!

Bad (is a great song)

With or without you.

Pride

Unforgettable Fire

New Years Day

Not massively into U2, never have been really.  Though Unforgettable Fire and The Joshua Tree were cracking albums.

The Fly

Pride (rattle and hum)

One

So Cruel

Honourable mentions;

Even better than the real thing - the 93 season highlights package from channel 7 had this accompanying wanganeen taking that speckie running with flight headlong into sumich. forever intrinsically linked.

Lady with a spinning head - b side but deserved a spot on any late 80s to early nineties album.

I love em but a big part of U2 died around the same time as the Simpsons did, just after pop/season 7.

Spot on.

Glad you mentioned lady with the spinning head and hold me thrill me. They are definitely top 10 U2 for me.

I really like the nostalgia of Elevation and the Tomb Rader movie of the very early 2000s. That was a great movie theme. That and Beautiful Day bring back a lot of memories of 2000-2001.

The Fly

Pride (rattle and hum)

One

So Cruel

Honourable mentions;

Spot on.

Glad you mentioned lady with the spinning head and hold me thrill me. They are definitely top 10 U2 for me.

I really like the nostalgia of Elevation and the Tomb Rader movie of the very early 2000s. That was a great movie theme. That and Beautiful Day bring back a lot of memories of 2000-2001.

music is amazing at transporting one to an earlier time and place.  I ran a grunge playlist today at work and it was a constant stream of memories from the early /mid 90's.

The Fly

Pride (rattle and hum)

One

So Cruel

Honourable mentions;

Spot on.

music is amazing at transporting one to an earlier time and place.  I ran a grunge playlist today at work and it was a constant stream of memories from the early /mid 90's.

rooster does it everytime

The Fly

Pride (rattle and hum)

One

So Cruel

Honourable mentions;

Spot on.

rooster does it everytime

i won't respond in depth, or this will veer savagely away from a U2 thread. lol

Been a fan for a long time right from the early days, even though l haven't heard anything new for a few years. Early on it was Gloria and New Year's Day, simple yet oh so effective piano and slide guitar lines.  When Love Comes To Town is just a huge crunching rock song, with truckloads of energy, probably still my fave track, and as others have pointed out it is helped by having BB King play along. l also like With or Without You, but prefer Still Haven't Found What l'm Looking For and l love Pride.  

There is also a minor track on Rattle and Hum that l have always like, Van Dieman's Land with The Edge on guitar. l also love U2s work on the first Robbie Robertson album Shoot Out At Big Sky, and their song Miss Sarajevo with Pavarotti as members of The Passengers was also an inspired coupling. 

no order and not massively thought out:

The Fly
Exit
With or Without You
Love is Blindness
Acrobat

Been a fan for a long time right from the early days, even though l haven't heard anything new for a few years. Early on it was Gloria and New Year's Day, simple yet oh so effective piano and slide guitar lines.  When Love Comes To Town is just a huge crunching rock song, with truckloads of energy, probably still my fave track, and as others have pointed out it is helped by having BB King play along. l also like With or Without You, but prefer Still Haven't Found What l'm Looking For and l love Pride.  

There is also a minor track on Rattle and Hum that l have always like, Van Dieman's Land with The Edge on guitar. l also love U2s work on the first Robbie Robertson album Shoot Out At Big Sky, and their song Miss Sarajevo with Pavarotti as members of The Passengers was also an inspired coupling. 

That's a great track CJ...The Edge also does the vocal on it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXxefgAlrag

Bump. I’m bored.

One
New Year’s Day
Bad
All I want is you
So cruel

They’re at their best when they’re miserable

I will follow

The Electric Co

A day without me

11 O Clock Tick Tock

New Years Day

Basef on that I recon you’re about 10 years older than I

All I Want Is You

They have some other good songs but that will always be my favourite. Killer film clip too

One
New Years Day
Where the streets have no name
Pride
With or without you

Where The Streets Have No Name

The Unforgettable Fire

Beautiful Day

Stay

Electrical Storm

1.One…will always remind me of someone pretty special

1. All I want is you …reckon I was 15 when I first seen that film clip on rage, was blown away.

2. Helter Skelter …always loved cranking this up on the duke box at the local on a Saturday night after footy.

4.When Love Comes To Town…any song with BB King and U2 has got to be pretty Damn cool, great clip to boot.

1. Sunday ■■■■■■ Sunday…This song is U2.

The Fly

Pride (rattle and hum)

One

So Cruel

Honourable mentions;

Bump. I'm bored.

One
New Year’s Day
Bad
All I want is you
So cruel

They’re at their best when they’re miserable

Forgot if already posted a while back. My list has varied a bit. You could have a top 10 easily.
Bunch of tossers these days but they pretty much ruled the mid 80s to mid 90s.

Gloria
Sunday ■■■■■■ Sunday
Pride
With or without you
I still haven’t found what I’m looking for

1. The one from Batman

The Joshua Tree and Rattle & Hum, my top 5 are a mix of those songs.