Top 'Breakout' Contenders for 2019

And the looniest looking mascot in Christendom

It’s insane. Unless Hurley is doing a complete shutdown job on say Lance Franklin(like he did this year), he is apparently not up to it.

Nuts.

I have him in the first three picked every single week.

3 Likes

would it not be great if Hurley returned to the form of 4 years ago

2 Likes

It would be sensational. 2015 Hurls would be huge for us. Especially considering Francis and Gleeson are better at the offensive stuff that Hurls has been tasked with in recent seasons.

Edit: Based on the Franklin game, it’s not out of the question that 2015 Hurls can return

Brodie Mihocek has been delisted I reckon we should grab him. Read it The Sun.

I hope it’s Jake Long. That way I can tell everyone in the Jake Long thread I told you so. I just love getting on my high horse.

2 Likes

Interesting delisting. Didn’t he play most the year?

I’m shocked with that one. Kicked 29 goals first season in. Surely there’s a strategy in place to retain him at Collingwood (maybe as a rookie)

[/quote]

And the looniest looking mascot in Christendom
[/quote]

You clearly haven’t seen David Shrigley’s mascot for Partick Thistle
Our mascot has a bit of pre season work to do to achieve break out status.

?? I can’t see this reported anywhere. I think you’re mistaken.

1 Like

Deteriorating body will make that a challenge unfortunately.

Because of his back troubles? I think he can go until he’s 31-32. He’ll just move more into the type of role Goddard was playing toward the end. But yes it’s a little ambitious. They had to do it because of the monster offers he was receiving. I love Hurls though, it makes me happy to think he’ll never leave.

nah, wrists. they’re cooked.

The wrists don’t concern me too much. He could play with a couple of stumps. I guess like people were saying, if he has to retire due to injury, we can pay out his contract outside of the cap?? Or does that only apply to Hawthorn?

1 Like

really limits his strength and ability to play one on one. and when thinking about him playing to 32 and getting back to his 2015 best when he was the clear second best defender in the comp, it’s really not looking particularly likely.

1 Like

RIP Michael Hurley. We hardly knew ye

Rob Forster Knight… Made the step up into Merv Keane’s shoes as Recruiting Manager… Word is that he’s a star on the rise as far as Talent/Recruiting managers in the AFL are concerned. Sports Science, Analytics and former player background.

4 Likes

Read it in the paper yesterday all the clubs who’s going who’s staying. I was very surprised when I saw his name come up. He’s a keeper for sure. May have been an error.

That said, he’s not in Essendons best 25.

1 Like

Must have been an error… surely.
Collingwood don’t appear to have announced anything