Top 'Breakout' Contenders for 2019

He is still uncontracted but hasn’t been delisted. Management would be after more $ & years after the season he put together as Pies have made an offer but it hasn’t been agreed to yet.

2 Likes

Was on Sporting News on Sunday I gather they get their information from the AFL.

Another interesting contender is Marty Gleeson. Put together a really good end to 2017 and looked set this year to have the big ‘breakout’. Ankle injury obviously pretty bad considering he didn’t make it back this year, hopefully do the full preseason and smash it in 2019.

Got some healthy competition for spots in the backline now.

Because he appears to be in decline and he’s presumably on a high wage for another four years.

Redman and Langford imo

Francis to be patchy with flashes of OMFGoodness and then finish the year as someone the opposition won’t kick within 40 metres of

4 Likes

I’m not really looking for breakout players as such. I’d just like to see solid improvement from pretty much everyone on the list. If I had to pick one it would be Sam Draper; he’s a big bruiser of a ruckman and I’d like to see him give a few opposition players a shakeup. I’d like Francis to get really ripped and fit and add hard running and repeat efforts to his game, and I’d like Laverde to produce the goods consistently.

And I’d like all players to break out some accurate goal shooting from set shots.

Oh, and Joey D of course. Fit, firing and tearing the opposition apart.

2 Likes

If Ridley and Redman come on this next year our kicking Efficiency will go up about 10%

3 Likes

Yep, throw Into shiel, Francis and Bgley and it will go up another 20%

When we looked like missing out on Shiel, his disposal was crap and he was a turnover merchant.

He’s done well to reverse that so quickly.

8 Likes

I’m expecting big seasons from Redman and Parish.

1 Like

A lot of different opinions on Shiel…don’t lump us all together

Dodging the FarkCarlton development program may be the factor in his sudden skills turn around.
How’s the GOAT Weitterring developing these days?

At least we only ■■■■ with players goal kicking (allegedly).

2 Likes

Haha, yep, blitz glasses are awesome, me included.

He can butcher it on the odd occasion. But mostly his kicking is pretty good.

For those unaware, my response was dripping with sarcasm.

I’m not totally convinced the coaches will see Francis in their best 22 in Round 1.

He should be. IMO they’d pick Ambrose ahead of him, or go the smaller player in Redman or Dea.

1 Like

The best thing about going into next year is majority of the team are still yet to reach their best. Id say only Hurley, Hooker, Bellchambers and Myers have reached their peak.

1 Like

I hope it’s Stewart. We’ve got a bunch of guys who go ok in that second tall role, but if someone can elevate their game to the next level it would be massive, and he’s the one with the most untapped potential at this stage.

5 Likes

Fantasia is going to play 22 games and kick 60+ goals and I’m gonna break-out of my pants

7 Likes

Tbell. If he has a breakout year, we win everything