Top 'Breakout' Contenders for 2019

I very much doubt that myself.

Doubt your opinion…that is.

3 Likes

Oh Good Lord! It looks like an angry yellow but.t hole.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSEh4yhF3brMD6DHfkUlRON5RTR2Zah1CwrVSnGpk47r_nH9h_m

Agree.

He’s still on a learning curve with a couple more levels still to go in my opinion.

He’s still young for a keybforward and has shown enough already to suggest he can mix it with the big boys.

If he can elevate his game then we are looking very good for tall forwards.

If David Zaharakis can average 30 possessions a game…
We then have an elite midfield

1 Like

Well they ain’t going Dea… I’d suggest his delisting means Francis is best 22 round 1

But wouldn’t that mean 15 unforced errors resulting into turnovers?

1 Like

Most Improved: David Zaharakis

2 Likes

By the end of his career they will speak of McGraths handballing skills like they do Diesel’s

1 Like

No probably not

Break out year. Jake Long. And you will all love it!

4 Likes

Langford to average 25 disposals.

If he does we are going to tear teams apart.

1 Like

I’d love that.
I’d be ■■■■■■ happy if he averages 22.

1 Like

25 Langford disposals is the equivalent of about 45 from Tom Mitchell. Very damaging player.

3 Likes

The Langford, Heppell, Shiel combo is exciting. Throw in Zac and Smith and it gets very exciting.

2 Likes

I reckon Smack has the most potential of our second key forward, it is being consistent that is the key. Smack has moments where I have flashbacks to his brother.

I have to admit, Smack looked like he’d turned a bit of a corner last year. Had written him off as a player that would show flashes of brilliance followed by critical errors however he seemed to close the gap between his best and worst to a significant degree.

Also a decent set shot which is a major tick. Has all the tools and attributes but needs to improve decision making and consistency.

I also now have him as the clear no2 forward partnering Daniher next year - his pinch-hit ruck ability is also a significant positive.

6 Likes

Tom Bellchambers.
My impression is that Tommy has become one of the club leaders and might even be in the leadership group for 2019.
Still very much on the rise as he strings a long block of quality games together. Up to now, he was unable to get a decent run due to injury ridden seasons and suspensions from 2014-2017. If his form continues even just the same as 2017/2018, by the end of 2019 he will be recognised by the industry as one of the top 5 ruckmen in the comp.

Needs to tidy up his goal kicking, which has been 72% in the past but last year had deteriorated to 50%. Regain his best accuracy and he will be a star.

Good point about his goal kicking, he was a very good and reliable kick at goal. But his tap work was excellent this year, regularly smacking it down to our on ballers. We need to mange his loads next year and keep him fit/healthy. Shiel will take our midfield up a notch and this makes Belly’s role even more important. But it’ll also allow Belly to shine if there is better reward from his ruck work.

Exactly Bomb Doe, If Smack is best 22 as a forward, he can do more ruckwork and reduce Toms load. Tommy kicke 28 goals at 72% in 2013 when we ran with a TBell/ Ryder joint ticket. Tom to do all centre bounces and SMack to share the boundary throw in loads might work well…

1 Like

Smack is a conundrum. He combines brilliance with brain fades in the same passage of play (massive speccy against Norf only to play on and kick directly to a Norf backman). I think Smack, like Langford, benefited from continuity in the senior side. More power to him he pretty well made the most of the opportunity that was given him. He just needs to gain some consistency as he can fade in and out of games. IF he can do that he will make our forward line very dangerous.
The other person that had a great 2018 season was Mitch Brown. Less spectacular quiet achiever. If he could build on the form he showed this year he also could provide a good foil to JD in 2019.

2 Likes