This will be an unpopular view, but new eras require new coaches with new ideas and methods - a la Beverage - rather than coaches who have not won a flag for over a decade.

Clarkson went 8 years between a flag.

What happened next?

This will be an unpopular view, but new eras require new coaches with new ideas and methods - a la Beverage - rather than coaches who have not won a flag for over a decade.

Not sure this exactly applies to us though as Woosh has still remained in the system for every year bar one.

Fark Carlton use the same logic to appoint Mick Malthouse. How did that work out?

You make a good point but players that give and give till it hurts- a la Dale Morris that has played all these finals with a broken back and players throwing them selves into packs a la Picken and a la Liberatore also helps win Flags…

I agree. The thing is that all clubs have a core of great players. They need to be trained, drilled, guided and instructed how best to apply their talents.

Not sure this exactly applies to us though as Woosh has still remained in the system for every year bar one.

Fark Carlton use the same logic to appoint Mick Malthouse. How did that work out?

Think that’s a little different especially when you compare our current list to theirs in that period…our best players aren’t overrated squibs and we don’t have 20 genuine $hit trucks on our list. Just because he’s an older coach, doesn’t mean he can’t see the evolution of play styles like the younger ones, and a lot of fresh, young coaches have turned out pretty **** anyway (see Sanderson, Primus, Watters, Voss)

More to the point, let’s properly judge Woosha in 12 months time when he has had a full list at his disposal. Poor bloke was asked to take a bow and arrow to a gun fight this year.

Like when Leigh Matthews coached the lions?

No, that is a totally inappropriate analogy. You can be very assured that neither Whoosh nor any other Essendon coach would ever get the armchair ride that Matthews got.

Before he agreed to take on the position at the request of the AFL, Matthews made sure he had the full support of the AFL to get him success there. That included such things as his players being able to play on steroids without question, intravenous injections on the sidelines, unbridled support from the maggots, etc etc.

Ask yourself: has any other coach ever had this support? (well, Clarkson does come very close).

Matthews’ flags need asterisks next to them.

The obsession with young coaches seems to be a uniquely AFL thing.

No one should be questioning the appointment of Worsfold the bloke was handed a ■■■■ sandwich cant really judge him yet.

The fact Woosha coached us to 3 wins this year, should have seen him in consideration for the Coach of the Year award.

Also Worsfold would have been coaching the Crows his wife didn’t want to live in Adelaide and travel very 2nd week.

Think that’s a little different especially when you compare our current list to theirs in that period…our best players aren’t overrated squibs and we don’t have 20 genuine $hit trucks on our list. Just because he’s an older coach, doesn’t mean he can’t see the evolution of play styles like the younger ones, and a lot of fresh, young coaches have turned out pretty **** anyway (see Sanderson, Primus, Watters, Voss)

More to the point, let’s properly judge Woosha in 12 months time when he has had a full list at his disposal. Poor bloke was asked to take a bow and arrow to a gun fight this year.

I would have said a pea-shooter.

Can’t wait for next year. It’s going to be a long summer!

The fact Woosha coached us to 3 wins this year, should have seen him in consideration for the Coach of the Year award.

Agree.

Everyone tipped us not winning game at all and that we would be worse than Fitzroy he did an amazing job.

5 reasons we will win a premiership in the next 3 years.

1: Bond
The bond between the suspended players is obvious. They all stayed and re-signed because of the bond they share. What hasn’t been talked about is the bond the young players share amongst each other, they also made a pact about doing everything the possibly can to take this club to the highest level. They led the club this year with enthusiasm, pride, excellence and professionalism. If these 2 groups can bring this connection together, something special will happen.

The bond between the supporters is also something that needs to be recognised. I think most people now recognise that failure is not really about losses on match day. We have a perspective on AFL football which nobody understands. Plus no team of supporters as been repeatedly kicked in the gut, while they were down like ours. It’s become opportunist and berate for media types to stick the boots into our supporters, when we have done nothing wrong but support our club.

2: Leadership
Captaincy is nothing more than a job title of someone tosses the coin at the start of a match. But Jobe Watson is the true leader of this football club. He may not be captain next season be he is the leader of the club. Its not self appointed, it’s rarely acknowledged why, but needs to be earned over a long period of time.

This club has crumbled over 4 years of pain and suffering. Everyone has been attacked, and no more so than the captain. But single handedly he has kept this club afloat. Every other person in a leadership position has moved on. He is the one constant and he has kept the playing group together.

The leadership of the young players this season is incredibly important, as this is what will catapult this club to the top of the ladder. I’m not of the belief that just getting game time into young players is the best way to bounce back up the ladder. But this group of young players have shouldered the leadership of the the club. At such a young age the believe that they belong on an AFL ground, they are hungry to learn, they are committed to work hard to get better. This group of young players puts us well ahead of most other sides.

3: Belief
The pain and suffering has ended, the clubs resilience has never been greater. I seen a quote that said: “Success is not built on Success. It’s built on failure, it’s built on frustration, sometimes it’s built of catastrophe.”

Utilising the resilience built from this disaster is one of the great strengths which will win us a premiership.

4: Happiness

Enjoyment, fun & happiness. It’s essential to perform. The group looks happier then ever. We have a coach who wants our club to enjoy their football. The supporters are excited to watch our club playing entertaining football.

5: Drive

I can’t remember such drive from a group of young players like we have seen this season. They are as driven as we have ever seen. I think the suspended players will return, and will need to up their game on the training track and recognise how serious this group of players are for success. The drive amongst the suspended players to prove themselves to the football public will be immense. Also to make up for years of lost time.

Sh*t is gonna get real. There is no better time for our club. Morale is high. Let’s own this league.

All I want to see in 2017 is to ■■■■■■■ bury certain teams who made a mockery of us this year, those teams who played party tricks towards the end of matches because they were smashing us, showing more respect.

Adelaide
Geelong
Collingwood
Saints
Richmond
And of course fark carlton.

I don’t care if we don’t make finals or whatever, but of we get in a position to really smash these teams then I hope we keep going, 10 goal final quarter please.

All I want to see in 2017 is to ■■■■■■■ bury certain teams who made a mockery of us this year, those teams who played party tricks towards the end of matches because they were smashing us, showing more respect.

Adelaide
Geelong
Collingwood
Saints
Richmond
And of course fark carlton.

I don’t care if we don’t make finals or whatever, but of we get in a position to really smash these teams then I hope we keep going, 10 goal final quarter please.

I don’t care what team we play or what the ladder positions are etc but i do agree i want to see us go for the throat at every chance

Agree.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Really? Come on. Are we back there again?

Agree.

I prefer it steaming hot, warm seconds then maybe nice cold morning-after breakfast.

Agree.

I prefer it steaming hot, warm seconds then maybe nice cold morning-after breakfast.

Our kitchen has been closed for 10 years.

We had a new coach with a new idea and it was shithouse

Yeah but Knighter couldn’t even spell defence…

Knights thought defence was the thing surrounding the oval.