This will be an unpopular view, but new eras require new coaches with new ideas and methods - a la Beverage - rather than coaches who have not won a flag for over a decade.

We had a new coach with a new idea and it was shithouse

Yeah but Knighter couldn’t even spell defence…

Knights thought defence was the thing surrounding de oval.

Fixed

I can’t see Woosha leading a camp fire song or chucking a sweet ollie. Is he coaching material in 2017?

This will be an unpopular view, but new eras require new coaches with new ideas and methods - a la Beverage - rather than coaches who have not won a flag for over a decade.

Not sure this exactly applies to us though as Woosh has still remained in the system for every year bar one.

Fark Carlton use the same logic to appoint Mick Malthouse. How did that work out?

Not that it was a Collingwood era, but Malthouse was fantastic at Collingwood after his time at West Coast.

Eddie really ■■■■■■ it all up. Good boy Eddie.

Boys in Houston? https://www.instagram.com/p/BLqw5q2AfIm/

CrownBet’s 2017 premiership odds

Giants - $4
Bulldogs - $6
Swans - $7
Cats - $9
Crows - $9
Hawks - $11
Eagles - $13
Dockers - $23
Magpies - $29
Bombers - $29
Saints - $31
Demons - $31
Power - $34
Kangaroos - $51
Tigers - $51
Suns - $67
Blues - $101
Lions - $501

Weren’t we $21 when it opened?

With the talent we have I think we potentially could hit 6th this next year, and tilt for flag next.

If Essington comes out in June like they usually do we’ll barely make the 8.

Just signed up myself and the old man with Bronze Level one seats for home games. It’s a surprise so he’ll be thrilled. After 4 years of hell he’d almost lost interest. This will be a good way to reignite the fire. Got the addition of the gf ticket just in case we pull off a miracle. Go Bombers!!

Thank F### the saga is over and a new year is upon us.
There are so many unknowns going into the new year.
The biggest question is how long will it take for our returning players to adjust back to AFL level and reach the level they were at in 2015?
We should be under no illusions that the returning players will come back round 1 the exact same as they were at the end of 2015. There is nothing more valuable than match day experience of hardness and 100% intensity from the opposition, which they have not been exposed to for a year.
However, belief and hope is one of the strongest traits a person can have, which these players have and it could overide their grogy match hardness in the early stages of the season and I think we should make the top 8.
I hope my realistic expectations are wrong.
I hope we come out all guns blazing, the team working like a well oiled unit (with the new baby bombers) and thrashing the Mitchell&Lewis-less idiots at waverley by 100 points. Jobe and Heppell with 35+ disposals, Daniher with 6+ goals, Hooker with 15 marks and Hurley with 15 rebound 50s and restricting Gunston or Vickery (LOL) or whoever else they have at full fwd to 0 goals.

Thank F### the saga is over and a new year is upon us. There are so many unknowns going into the new year. The biggest question is how long will it take for our returning players to adjust back to AFL level and reach the level they were at in 2015? We should be under no illusions that the returning players will come back round 1 the exact same as they were at the end of 2015. There is nothing more valuable than match day experience of hardness and 100% intensity from the opposition, which they have not been exposed to for a year. However, belief and hope is one of the strongest traits a person can have, which these players have and it could overide their grogy match hardness in the early stages of the season and I think we should make the top 8. I hope my realistic expectations are wrong. I hope we come out all guns blazing, the team working like a well oiled unit (with the new baby bombers) and thrashing the Mitchell&Lewis-less idiots at waverley by 100 points. Jobe and Heppell with 35+ disposals, Daniher with 6+ goals, Hooker with 15 marks and Hurley with 15 rebound 50s and restricting Gunston or Vickery (LOL) or whoever else they have at full fwd to 0 goals.

Hopefully they come back more like rounds 1-3 of 2015 and not like the 2015 season as a whole where they were jaded, burdened and completely shot resulting in us finishing bottom 4.

Weren't we $21 when it opened?
Yeah we were

At least this year the whole team (depending on injuries) will have a full pre season together. Last years stand ins didn’t even get that. We should, at least, have an integrated team by the time the season starts.

If we make the eight I think the team will have done extraordinarily well. What I would love to see, regardless, is that the youngsters that battled through this year, and showed promise (Jo D, Lav, The Langford, zerrett, Tippa, Fantasia, Parish, Francis etc) continue to improve next year and provide promise for the future.

I will also be interested to see the effect of having Tippa, Fantasia and Colyer in the same team.

We still need to address the scoring potential of our forward line. It has been an issue through the last three seasons.

Essendon’s round one home games (since 1980)

2011 – Essendon 17.17.113 def Western Bulldogs 8.10.58

2006 – Essendon 17.6.108 def Sydney 12.9.81

2000 – Essendon 24.12.156 def Port Adelaide 8.14.62

1999 – Essendon 16.14.110 def Carlton 9.17.71

1997 – Essendon 16.10.106 def Carlton 15.9.99

1994 – Essendon 12.10.82 def West Coast 11.13. 79

1990 – Essendon 20.21.141 def Fitzroy 8.12.60

1988 – Essendon 25.14.164 def North Melbourne 12.10.82

1985 – Essendon 21.11.137 def Richmond 18.12.120

1982 – Essendon 29.16.190 def Footscray 11.15.81

1980 – Essendon 12.15.87 def by North Melbourne 15.10.100

Round one home games since 1980