Track and field

Mens 100m was sizzling.

2 Likes

Jess Hull a solid 7th in the 1500m final last night.

Cat Bissett and Abby Caldwell both looked good in their heats in the 800. Through to the semis.

3 Likes

Ingebritsen beaten again.

Australian Kennedy in the last 2 in the PV

2 Likes

And wins a gold! (tied 1st)

7 Likes

Well done Nina Kennedy!

It was only late last year that a back stress fracture meant she had to do a month of complete rest. Not even going on a walk was allowed.

Huge effort to come out and win gold only about 9 months later.

5 Likes

3a174510-4204-11ee-bdfe-90f31a6852bb.webp

6 Likes

Nina Kennedy continuing her great form. Vaulted a 4.91m last night to win the Zurich Diamond League - outright this time. Bettered her own Australian record by 1cm.

5 Likes

Was great to see Ingebritsen win the 5000m at the champs.
Stewie held onto the main pack for majority of race too which as a bit surprising. but it was a little slow.

Go watch the womens 4x400m final pretty impressive comeback

1 Like

It would be a nice earner for Kennedy - For me, good performances in the Diamond League show your level for the future.

Don’t they show your level for now? Given they are the top level comp?

2 Likes

World champ definitely shows the level for now.
Plus breaking Aussie records.

1 Like

You don’t get my post - If you want to be at the pointy end of World’s and Olympics then you need to be a major factor in the Diamond League - For example, I am sick of reading about Aussie’s having a chance of making a final etc when you dont get an invite to the Diamond league - As we can see, Kennedy is world class and she is rewarded accordingly in the Diamond League.

2 Likes

Insane

3 Likes

Hard to believe the new mens and womens marathon records.

Think Kiptum will break 2 hours in the next couple of years.

1 Like

I had this feeling/realisation recently - I’m shocked by how close the margin is between the men’s and women’s marathon records.

Something about it. In what I regard as an extreme event. It really challenges my thinking about the gap between male and female physical abilities.

margin is similar to when Uk runner broke it.
Ratcliffe 2003 2:15:25
mens 2003 204:55
Paul Tergatt

10min 30 sec

now
Aseffa 2:11:53
kiptum 2:00:35

11 mins 18 seconds

Saw an article recently when talking about the difference between the marathon men’s and women’s records (before Kiptums), that the difference was now in line with most other WEs in terms of percentage (it added “except FloJos”)

Just legitimately brilliant athletes.

6 Likes

He is such an exciting prospect!!

4 Likes

GG 10.29

3 Likes