Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

Well if the DJ thread is anything to go by, I think the +35 have had there day in the sun so to speak.

6 Likes

If I was Burton, Iā€™d be demanding the dorks double my salary (which theyā€™d have to pay) before I agreed to move. fark 'em.

ā€˜Beersā€™

Fark Hawthorn. They are a bunch of ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– , and they have the audacity to call themselves the family club.

3 Likes

If Wingard is a lazy trainer and burton leaves angry Clarko could loose the group. Playing with fire is Clarko.

1 Like

Put it this way, Iā€™m in the 35plus group only just. I really donā€™t find anything in that article that loose. Itā€™s an end of year footy trip ffs.

Agreed heā€™s a different unit. Look we probably wonā€™t get him but the way some carry on gee. SEE Martin Pike a mad loose unit. Wonder if North or Brisbane regretted the decision to pick him up for those off you that brought up Lovett. Calculated risk. Risk worth taking with libba in my opinion.

If he didnā€™t loose them when Lewis was pushed out the door heā€™s not going to over burton.

2 Likes

Ah well, canā€™t complain at all. We got Shiel after all! :grin:

A few questions mate if I can.

Is the trade taking longer because more than 1 player is involved in trade with GWS?

Finlayson?

Also is there anything in the Menegola rumour or is that a blitz thing?

Are we in discussions re a Sam Menegola trade @fogdog?

Iā€™d be far happier with Sam than Libba

Re. the Libba trade rumoursā€¦

Has anyone heard of the story about the tortoise and the hare?

Got rid of Mitchell, Lewis and Hodge, and everyone worship him by spinning it on how great it was. No one will blink for Burton.

He had a bad season anyway.

Smooth shared that one last night.

Absolutely bizarre from the Hawks. They spent the year shuffling Burton around, destroying good form and lowering his value. Then apparently they still give him up along with a first round pick for Wingard!

I get that their forward line was dysfunctional but not sure Wingard is the answer and certainly not at that price.

And his father was a prick as wellā€¦

3 Likes

Libba seems like the sort of player you donā€™t want around the club. Seems fairly erratic off field, and sulked when he was dropped due to poor form previously. Not sure he adds to the dynamic weā€™re building in our squad either.
The Doggies fell apart after the premiership because a bunch of party boys thought they had it made and stopped being professionals. Donā€™t need guys like that in our team just as weā€™re building a special team oriented culture.

6 Likes

First post ever on BB, long-time casual observer and sifter through the fact and fiction.

Started an account to share this encounter I had with a fellow bomber:

Owner of my local coffee place is a mad dons man, and I regularly see Marty Pask in there with Hepp (think his office is right nearby)ā€¦ went in there yesterday and he was getting all excited by a conversation he overheard with Pask and Hepp (about a meter away from his station) talking about their expectation of having both Shiel and Scully at the club. Said it was a WHEN not IF conversationā€¦

Make of that what you will.

Personally I think the longer the Shiel deal takes, the more merit the rumour hasā€¦ and with Richmond ruling themselves out and Hawthorn going all in for Wingard itā€™s not that fanciful

55 Likes

If this doesnā€™t happen I will hunt you down.

41 Likes

Does this include love to myself?

3 Likes