Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

Are we seeing a pattern here?

4 Likes

Can Martin come out and actually nominate us to force Suns’ hand

4 Likes

You’d think he would be on around 400k. But, bear in mind that majority of these contracts get renegotiated at new club (i.e. Shiel had 1 year to run at GWS on ?? and will now be on between 800-900 x6 years). Jack Martin’s value would be important as he will want multiple years on decent money. But that doesn’t seem to be the sticking point.
I very much doubt our cap is that tight. Might just be managing risk/benefit with respect to age of player coming in and potential contracts. Or, Essendon see a better option for around the same money.
The other possibility is that Tom Scully mightn’t see a clear guaranteed spot in our midfield with Shiel incoming

Long term injured big money players off the books

2 Likes

How many years to run on Scully’s 500k deal

On Trade Radio Barrett said Shiel and Scully close friends share a house together .

4 Likes

That’s the player Hawks should be targeting

Not sure we have any need

We got Martin! Ricky Martin…

2 Likes

3 years. Word is around the 500K mark. But once again he took that pay cut to help GWS win a flag, so he may be asking for slightly more at new club

Come on Jackets!!!

Yes as posted last night by a fellow blitzer, an article about when scully did his ankle. Speaking about how his ‘best mate’ shiel came and saw him.

A general one

6 Likes

Cos when you put your hand into a bunch of goo…

Moving to Dubbo, half way in betweeen.

• may not be true

We’re from Dubbo Ray

It’s possible he already has, in private.

We seem to be doing most of our trade negotiations behind closed doors rather than weaponising strategic media leaks, and tbh I’m perfectly ok with that.

15 Likes

Fine with me too. Stealth Bombers

1 Like

Surprised Jordan Roughead was left without a contract after free agency period. Would’ve thought a serviceable Rickman like him would be worth a look

Ricky Nixon in twitter. Said Bellchambers in talks involving a deal with Saints. Also said Doggies May have swooped in for Scully.

1 Like

He signed this year and we have no other rucks. That is complete nonsense

18 Likes