Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

I will admit I have a soft spot for the Dogs. But St Kilda and North can eat a bag of d!cks

And Hall

1 Like

Theyā€™ll be a defensive force thatā€™s for sure. Never seen a bigger haul of downhill skiersā€¦

2 Likes

I donā€™t agree

Polec Is a good get. As for pittard, lol. Heā€™s a utter spud. I donā€™t understand their recruitment of Tyson, are they really lacking inside players? I wouldnā€™t have thought

3 Likes

Agreed.Tyson? Inside mids least of their needs.

blink

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Farking clown

3 Likes

Tyson stinks of face saving. Gotta get someone with that W A R C H E S T. Imagine he will do what he did for Melbourne, be a useful goer for 2-3 years then get passed by better players.

1 Like

I actually think tyson is a okay player, I just donā€™t think heā€™s the kind of player norf need. Agree it does smell of saving face

1 Like

Ricky Nixon is the Donald Trump of the afl trade period. He agrees with everyone to sound smart. Says whatever pops into his head. And whenever someone points out a factual inaccuracy he says itā€™s fake news and he was misinterpretedā€¦ very different personal lives though

2 Likes

There was a prediction before the trade period started that this place would lose itā€™s ā– ā– ā– ā–  with a proposed trade. No one realised it would be due to us losing Bellchambers instead of landing a big name target. :wink:

1 Like

Norf would be insolvent if not for the (annual) $5m gifted to them via the AFLā€™s future funding. NPAT was a touch over $200K in 2017.

Bag Nixon all you like, but this sounds very St.Kilda. Win 4 games, then recruit a 28 year old midfielder who is cooked on a 5 year deal, then go after a 29 year old ruckman. LOL!

2 Likes

2/3 of the comp would be insolvent without AFL handouts. According to a story I read in the Fin Review about 18mths ago thereā€™s literally only 6 clubs in the comp that could stand on their own two feet.

1 Like

Losing your ā– ā– ā– ā–  is reserved for times like when Wanganeen left. :exploding_head:

1 Like

Theyā€™re in the window mind

1 Like

Great, can we just trim the league down to these 6 plus a few extra to make up appropriate numbers?

DING DONG

Jeez, lets not get ahead of ourselves wob. If being a big club is the difference, itā€™s taken us a while to show it.

(Thereā€™s alliance and politics, but personally, id have loved to have played for any club at afl level.)

Yep. Thatā€™s correct.

Here are the numbers. You need to go into each annual report & find the AFL distributions, which make it appear as if several clubs are profitable - when in fact - they are not.

e32ac40b69b15c7c764431346227f890e2cc3dfc_hq

6 Likes