Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

Yeah what the fk happened to that? I loved it

1 Like

“Fark Carlton.”

Blitz 3:16

24 Likes

And yea the lord did fark Carlton , by sending it to the fiery depths of hell, where Satan continues to shove red hit tridents up their ar$es, and make their no 1 draft picks smite their luck

5 Likes

Blitz 1:1

4 Likes

That Setterfield trade is sus, or was blitz just over rating him?

It appeared as though the Shiel trade would be a certainty to be finalized for Wednesday evening, right during prime time. The Hogan and Wingard deals may change that though, more controversial in nature and likely to generate more suspense. Yes, I believe that Hogan will still be traded.

I suspect that Shiel to Essendon will be done by Wednesday lunchtime and provide a talking point during the day in the lead up to trade close.

2 Likes

I heard that due to injury he’ll never play again.

In the Beginning, there was Essendon, and others, including thou turd of the VFL , Fark Carlton.

4 Likes

Then Richard Pratt said Carlton are ■■■■. We shall buy us a great player and he shall bring us to the hollyland of the premiership flags. We shall trade our first, second round picks, and a player who shalt never savor premiership glory for a Virile young man with a mane of hair. He shall be called Judd and he shalt be so good he shall not only recieve his contract money but a company called Visy shalt rain down on him with cash. The others shalt hate him, but think that his girlfriend is hot.

9 Likes

In the beginning there was Essendon, and the Lord saw that it was very good.

Now the serpent was more crafty than all of the the other animals that the Lord had made, because he had a headache. The serpent came to Essendon players such as Justin Madden and said “Behold, I show you Glorious Carlton, my creation that reaches into the heavens.” and then it came to be that such players were carried off into a great deception.

The Lord said “what have you done! Now because of you Glorious Carlton shall now be known as Fark Carlton and you shall be condemned to receiving number 1 draft pick players that you cannot develop properly and watch Essendon do much better with picks such as ones used for Guelfi.”

17 Likes

While I’m sure that’s correct, as far as it goes, I think the qualifier to ‘literally only six clubs that could stand on their own two feet,’ under the existing set up.

Who owns the grounds?
Who organises the catering?
What rights do they have in monetising their current players?
What rights do clubs have with their marketing and licencing?
If Essendon wanted to make Essenbikkies with Arnott’s in Heppell, Tippa and Big Joe varieties, are they allowed to do that?
I bet they’re not.
And if they were I bet most of the money would go to the AFL.

2 Likes

That is an unbelievably great idea

1 Like

My examples aren’t as crazy as this but you are 100% correct . The hierarchy of the AFL is all wrong and thus it appears the AFL prop club’s up when in fact if there are no club’s there is no AFL.

If club’s were franchised they’d receive all sponsorship and media rights direct and them give some money to a subordinate group who perform competition administration.

So the idea that the AFL keep the club’s afloat is BS because they take their money in the first place.

3 Likes

Have a read of the Statement of Cash Flows for each club (in the annual reports) for the breakdown.

1 Like

I don’t understand my ads.

I don’t remember Googling North American big cats. And what’s all those women pictured in the ads got to do with cougars anyway?

17 Likes

If not for the fact most have struggled, the whole GWS trading with Carlton would look like collusion. If you add Setterfield that’s players from draft picks 3,4,5,6,10,12 &13 that GWS have traded to Carlton in the last 5 years. Again thank fark they have mainly been busts & hopefully Setterfield doesn’t come good.

5 Likes

BSD goes hard on Ricky…

And Fogdog has heard we’re not interested.

nothing to thank fark about, theyre just sh*t at developing players. pretty much every player that leaves that club sees an improvement in their footy

2 Likes

No trading news from the cafe here, but they did provide a tasty burger, chips and beer.

24 Likes