Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

I approve*

*of those jeans

1 Like

Licensing of AFL branded IP was handed over to the VFL in 1976, and therefore, by extension belongs to the AFL.
Essendon could technically make Essenbikkies with Heppell, Tippa and Big Joe varieties, however, they would not be allowed to use the AFL logo, Essendon logo, Essendon jumper, or mention of the words Essendon, Bombers or anything football related.
To do so would link the product with the AFL’s intellectual property, that being the logos, the club and the branding thereof.

However, if clubs were to take this back under their own control, each club would have to licence and police their own image and brand.
Before 1976 this allowed all manner of promotion of products using football branding.

6 Likes

Update, guys?
Just checking in quickly.

Only updates are coming from cafes. Are you in one?

Can confirm that I haven’t heard anything.
Have just checked with the nurse in charge, and she said ‘nothing for you right now.’
Make of that what you will.

4 Likes

Dodoro’s hard to deal with.
And Tbell might be leaving

I just checked with the Starbucks staff at Frankfurt airport. They haven’t heard anything either. Make of that what you will.

2 Likes

I thought St Kilda preferred dwarves to ruckmen.

2 Likes

Is Shiel going to cost us 2 firsts with change back and Scully is costing a third round pick?

I would go after Scully
Why not?
Clarko is no fool

Surely we can do a richmond with the salary cap manipulation? We are probably in a better position to deal with gws given we are going to trade for Shiel

We need to be ruthless and bold in our quest for a flag

Apart from last year we have been too conservative at trade time

Dont forget we are the last club ( apart from GC) to win a final

I say this as apparently Martin is off the table

2 Likes

The veggie burger? Yuck

4 Likes

Tommy leaving??
Serious?

(According to Toot! Toot! Nixon.)

And yea the more her begating Father awful wailing continueth, the more reminding of Mary Magdalene she appears, even with that dress that parted her red cleave

Not that it would happen, but would anyone trade Bellchambers for pick 4?

He’s gone. Forget about him.

2 Likes

Good to see Ross Lyon finally won something.

2 Likes

Yes. But that would never happen.

3 Likes

If only we had Ryder on the list.

We are not going to find any ruckman, who is ready to play in round 1, in the trade or draft.

1 Like

The problem would come when a stadium needed to be replaced or majorly upgraded. Who pays for that? Imagine Essendon dealing with the other tenants at Marvel?

1 Like