Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

Oh well, sometimes it’s best to pay a little over for something you want than regret not giving a little more when you miss out on that something.

:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Don’t we need 3 live picks? Or is it more complicated than that?

btw, if Barrett was on life support, reckon I would pull out the power if my phone was short on charge…

9 Likes

BrushItOff

2 Likes

Sheesh that’s harsh, but I like. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It would be catastrophic to have a big name player nominate us as the club of choice and then the deal doesn’t happen.

2 firsts is a heavy price, but we are in the window and a couple of 18 year olds are unlikely to help us over the next 3-4 years.

We are in a completely different phase of list management than we have been for a very long time and IMO if we play it right we are looking at a sustained period of finals not unlike some of the better teams of the last decade.

Next year is going to be a farking ripper.

5 Likes

Pies did well- Roughead and Beams are great gets

Melbourne did well- Stephen May is the perfect fit for them and KK was a ■■■■■■ good footballer in his first couple of years

2 Likes

There’s still more days left in the trade period? Draft picks can be traded until Friday 2pm (November). Dunno if it starts now though.

I think we paid the right price. It wasnt a steal like last year but can not agree it was overs. Pretty much spot on.

4 Likes

Took 3 years! :smiley:

6 Likes

Bahh, you know what I mean. I was watching the Trade Video on the AFL website, and basically trashing Essendon and Dodoro, saying there would be carnage, disliked, etc, etc. Complete bull.

Honestly that guy is so far up himself. He spat the dummy when he didn’t get the chief football writer’s job at the Herald Sun, took the bat and ball and headed home, and has been on this personal crusade to be the ‘breaker of news’. Does he realise everyone thinks he is a ■■■■?

1 Like

It was overs. Absolutely.

I couldn’t care less what we paid, we just had to land him.

3 Likes

Yeah Melb did well getting May and shoring up their backline.

Then you have the Tiggers who got Lynch. Basically most top teams got stronger.

GWS has so much depth they will improve if they simply get their best on the park.

Has a player left gws for another club and got worse?

IF it happens, I know who I’m coming after!

Who went to FC. Plenty there no?

Well Carlton picked up 4 players last year, and I think have been hardly sighted, apart from Marchbank I think. Or was he previous year…

Carlton is only getting neafl players not first team players

1 Like

Hopefully we can also get the Irishman Morrissey.

9 Likes

It really isn’t IMO.

2 Likes