Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

So they weren’t from GWS?

48 Likes

No doubt it was more than Dodoro wanted to pay, but it was to be expected - we got a contracted player who is a very, very, very good player. It was never going to be cheap.
Rest assured, Dodoro will be trying like hell to get back into the 1st round next year. I’d imagine a slightly underperforming good player will be moved on.

3 Likes

Jet midfielder chose to forgo a couple million bucks to play with us.

LIKE.

41 Likes

Geez that’s harsh!

I’d pull it out of my phone was 100% :rofl:

4 Likes

That’s coz you guys kept posting feckin videos and such. I forgive you though. Back to the DJ thread.

1 Like

@scotty21 you have 12 months to come up with another trade rumour. A slow build from mid season could make it sound super legit!

3 Likes

Was Howlett stressing over the trade as well? :joy:

Also I hope we’ve made note of this and will ■■■■ with FarkCarlton at the next opportunity.

The red sash is such a peanut, he had all these posts going off about the deal not going through which he has since deleted.

Absolute fraud

16 Likes

This is deadset my favourite post of the trade period. Next year’s trade forum should not be named after a player but instead, Damian Barrett’s oversized philtrum.

6 Likes

I’m taking this sheila home mate.

1 Like

Probably having a few wines with Sheeds so he’s off his rocker

1 Like

Barrett saying that Shiel was doubting himself after he selected Essendon. ■■■■ off.

Also.

Carlton zero?

The marketing genius who decided to change the flavour of BBQ shapes must have caught on at CUB

Who the hell is going to drink that?

3 Likes

Can’t you classily accept a win? I said you were right.

It is quite strange. I’m waiting for the explanation. I also know It will not arrive

What a crock of ■■■■ that televised prime time trade period was. Next year go back to 1 week of trading and be done with it.

8 Likes

Quality is enjoyed long after price is forgotten. Welcome Dylan.

Purple is an EFC-hating flog. He was shameless during the last hour of that telecast, just bagging us at every quarter. Dodoro’s comments immediately after the paperwork was submitted suggest GWS pushed back all the way.

Fark Carlton.

19 Likes

Couldn’t get to see much of the day due to a work event that just concluded but from what I’ve seen from Dodoro’s interview after the trade I cringe that we let the trade get so close to the wire and ended up caving anyway.

He mentioned that GWS had made it clear they had the cap space to keep him yet held out until the last hour or so to finally cave. It does feel like we almost always let it come to this eg. Caddy, Stringer, Shiel.

For once if we’d acknowledged GWS would have had the cap space and just gotten the deal done sooner it would be better for our trading rep. Its ■■■■■■■ annoying being perceived as a difficult club to trade with and 100% some other clubs do have that view.

Relief to get Shiel. Welcome to Essendon mate.

Lets hope we dont miss the finals next year.

So here is my wrap for each team in the draft…

Adelaide: lost MvGovern, picked up a couple of serviceable players, and a few picks. meh
Brisbane: Adams, McCarthy, Neale in. Lost Beams, good player, a but prick to ditch his mates after saying he won’t be going anywhere. Overall they will be better
FC: Get McGovern in no. 4 in Adelaides forward line, a spent Fasolo, unknown quantity in Settlefield, Newman who struggled to stay in Sydney’s side. pfft please, then again who cares.
Collingwood: Get Beams, Roughhead in, Fasolo out. Hate to admit, makes them stronger.
The mighty Dons: Shiel in, Colyer out. Exciting times…
Fremantle: Colyer a fringe player, Conca serviceable, Hogan a gun when fit, Lobb could be good, but a bit ungainly. Out Neale. Big out that, but get Hogan. hard to say if win.
Geelong: Dahlhaus is good player, Kreuger is meh, Rohan is speed but injured a lot. Lose McCarthy, Horlin-Smith, Thurlow. so so trade period. Bugger me though they look old now. Walking on Struggle street next year I reckon
Coasters: Get Ellis and Miles who couldn’t crack a Richmond 22, Horlin-Smith a reserves player for cats, and Hombsh who i don’t like because I am not sure how to pronounce name. Lose Lynch, May Kolodj…Kolos…umm that guy, Hall, Scrimshaw, Bono, the pope, Millennium Falcon… Strike me, who didn’t they lose…
GWS: in stuff all, Out Lobb, Shiel, Scully, Settlefield. Watch them chase Bomber’s tails, thinking “well ■■■■…”
Hawks: Get Scrimshaw a GC reserves player, Scully with one leg, Wingard a gun but not real smart (once asked mates how far above sea level they were running… they were on a beach). Lose Burton a big loss, and Duryea a so so player. Trying to drag this out as long as they can. Man when they bottom out, will be hard.
Dees: Get May, Kolodj… yeah that guy again, Preuss, Lose Kent who is no big deal, Tyson who was meh, and Hogan who is a big loss. Not sure. Did OK I guess.
North: get Hall is a reasonable, Polec and Pittard who are overrated, and Tyson who struggled to crack the Dees side. Lose Clarke and Preuss. Others think good, I reckon unders
Port: The supposed winners last trade period (look how that turned out…) Get Burton who is good, a competant Lycett , Mayes, Lose Hombsh, Pittard, Polec, Wingard. Not great… loving it.
Tigers: Lose depth players, bring in Lynch. Great get, but if they get injuries could struggle. Watch them jump off the bandwagon
Saints: Get hanna barbera who I am told is a flog, Kent. Lose Hickey. Uneventful. Will be like the guys cleaning up the stadium after the main attraction
Swannies: Get Clarke, Thurlow, Lose Hanna Barbera, The riders of Rohan, and Julie Newman. Like Geelong look old. Start breaking out the walking sticks.
WC: get a ruckman, lose a ruckman. Whatever. They will be around the mark
Bulldogs, Get Duryea, Lloyd. Lose Adams, Dahlhaus, Roughhead, and the Bont to Essendon when restricted free agency kicks in for him. Irrelevant. Something bad in the water down there. Not happy Jan.

14 Likes