Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

He looks happy!

7 Likes

Great outcome everyone! Excited about what the boys can achieve next year.
Draft needs

• Small forward
  • Running wingman
    Late draft picks make it more likely that we back in our developing mids (Langford, Mitch, Clarke) rather than targeting that type specifically.
    Would look for Hanna and Fletcher to be rookies, as well as that Irish mid (Jordan Morrissey) that we’re into if he chooses us.
1 Like

CARLTON ZERO - Still more potent than Fark Carlton FC.

Make the perfect Major Sponsor for them.

5 Likes

Few beers in the background

1 Like

Melksham -No Problem.
Giles - No Problem.
Carlisle/Bird - Ehhhh, not great, but not last minute either
Hibberd - No Problem.
Stewart - No Problem.
Smith - No Problem.
Saad - No Problem.
Stringer - Ridiculous posturing.
Shiel - Essendon are hard to deal with? Really?

10 Likes

Who cares what the perception is? The trades are getting done.

3 Likes

the same 2 beers that Beams had next to him

Barrett was just embarrassing himself tonight.

Totally unprofessional with his Essendon remarks in the last hour.

20 Likes

Without going into too deeply, my rough trade period gradings.

• Adelaide B
  • Brisbane B+
  • FCFC B-
  • Collingwood B
  • Essendon A-
  • Fremantle B
  • Geelong C+
  • Gold Coast F
  • GWS D
  • Hawthorn B-
  • Melbourne B+
  • North C+
  • Port D
  • Richmond A
  • St Kilda C
  • Sydney C
  • West Coast B+
  • Western Bulldogs C+
1 Like

Don’t mind those ratings. The interesting one for me is Richmond. Clearly Lynch is a gun and should improve them. But his arrival will result in them changing the way they play, so it will be interesting to see if they can they adapt and be as effective. Probably of greater concern given their complete lack of injuries for 2 seasons is that their depth has taken a massive whack. Conca, Lloyd, C Ellis and Miles might not be household names but if they cop any sort of injuries next year they wont have the reliable backups they previously enjoyed.

6 Likes

Safe to say the Gold Coast and GWS also went backwards. Lost quality and replaced them with more draft picks and in GC’s case also some foot soilders.

3 Likes

Harsh on the Pies. Beams makes them a scary side.

1 Like

I’m feeling uneasy about what we paid but I gotta have faith in a recruitment department to turn it into something decent next year. Hopefully we find some late gems in the draft.

1 Like

Did not fix the kpp issue though.

2 Likes

Richmond have got rid of all their depth to bring in lynch and like you said have hardly had an injury for the last 2 years. Bringing in lynch won’t necessarily make them a better team. We can only hope.

1 Like

Bingo!
Their midfield was never an issue. They didn’t address their main weakness

3 Likes

Gold Coast and Port the biggest losers IMO

Mason Cox will fix it all.

1 Like

Plus the Pies gave up 2 first round picks (albeit this years is 18 vs 9) for Beams who is 3 years older than Shiel. Roughead is an interesting get, but their backline still lacks a real star key defender other than the aging and ever injured Reid. Moore staying fit and coming on is going to be hugely important if they are to go one better. Personally I think they played way above themselves this year and will fall to the lower half of the 8 - well at least I hope they do (even lower would be nicer!).

1 Like

Is he American by any chance?

May would have completed them perfectly. Cant believe they didn’t chase him harder