Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

This thread yesterday

This thread today

54 Likes

yesterday was more like

19 Likes

Does Scott Gullan get criticised by anybody for his late article saying we’d moved back to fourth in line for Shiel.

Transpired later that we were always the only player in town.

I think we treat his articles as being as much value as @scotty21’s.

And on that, it’s difficult to criticise others for trolling, publishing tripe and fake news, when you’re deliberately lying in public media.

Only difference is the likes of Gullan, Purple et al are getting paid for it.

13 Likes

It was literally a case of, ‘This is boring. Gonna make something up.’
One point in PRIME TIME Ralph literally showed the sealed off media area with tv cameras poking at windows and discussing whether they were going to order in Chinese or Pizza.

1 Like

Burton is a good honest half back flanker with injury concerns who has possibly reached his ceiling. Mayes is a dud and Lycett is just a B grade ruck at best. They traded out their 2 quickest players and will now easily have the slowest side in the comp. They will also be a fairly tall and cumbersome side up forward and just don’t see how it will work. Won’t get near the 8

7 Likes

i noticed they had a go at him about it on fox footy (might have been de stoop) but they moved on pretty quickly after that. everyone moves on and they go off to write more garbage

1 Like

Wingard wasn’t fast.
I see them 12-6 which is about how I see them most years.
And three first round picks.

I’m not really getting the hate.
Polec has injury issues and is very hot and cold.
Pittard isn’t best 22.

I think it hurts them in the short term, and agree with @Aceman that they are going down in 2019.

But I do think they had a good trade period. Those draft picks are what they wanted, and they got them. Mission accomplished.

Also, presumably North will be playing finals next year.

Would Rankine assuming they get him at 5 as they seem to be trying to align to do step straight in?

I don’t think they will get him. Just have a sneaky suspicion the Suns will take him. I was pretty sure they would take Lukosius and Rozee but think it has changed

If that’s the case why have the SA teams traded up for higher picks?

Or are there more jets from SA besides those two in the draft?

We won’t be having a trade period like the last two for a while.

We will look for value options or bargains that fill a need like Saad.

But we’ll focus on the Draft in order to avoid developing a chasm in the young demographic.

There are a few more but both SA clubs would be hoping the Suns take the King boys or they might even try to trade up higher. The live picks will be very intetesting as I think the Crows are pretty desperate and might offer up overs to get pick 2 or 3

2 Likes

Gold Coast in the lead up to the draft should announce they plan on taking the SA boys and entice Crows and Port to trade up to their picks. Could end up with some future firsts and the players they want.

They are in a terrific position, however draft picks aren’t what they need.

1 Like

Interesting situation for them

Do they just take 2 seemingly out and out guns? Or try to get say 5 hits at the top 15 and if they lose 1 or 2 doesn’t affect as much?

Personally I think they need the star quality again to go around some good young talent and then the average role players.

Its kind of like they starting all over again

I reckon Melbourne have done really well. Sured up their wobbly defender by adding the biggest **** in the game. Far outweighs the loss of Hogan imo and balances the side up well. They could still use a bit more pace around the wings but have the makings of a very very strong midfield in any event. They should target hind big time

3 Likes

Richmond I think have been generously overrated. They lost a fair amount of depth.

Isn’t it error 502, not 52?

2 Likes

So on @Aceman’s trade period ratings, you should get an A+

2 Likes