Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

I feel like I’ve wandered into Cretin Corner…again.

6 Likes

Francis is already home mate.

It’s obvious he is very happy and he has said so numerous times.

1 Like

Nooooo ■■■■■■■ way. He’s the least professional bloke in the AFL. I’m surprised the Dogs even took him back. And even then he only got a 1 year extension.

Both SA clubs would be ruing not getting Francis for unders if he has a break out year

1 Like

People on here get really cranky when you talk about it but they need to realise it’s a possibility. By the sounds of it he’s staying. If not, the club would want something pretty ■■■■■■ good in return.

2 Likes

If he hasn’t signed come the ending of the season media will jump all over it. It will be an interesting talking point.

Who says it’s any more likely a possibility than any of the other 40 odd guys?

They’ll both have good picks this year too imo, so there will be good value if unfortunately it eventuates.

So you’re saying if he’s out of contract the media might pick up on it?

Fantastic post. Would read again.

3 Likes

Essendon trade: Picks #30, #36, Aaron Francis to
Adelaide for: Pick #1, Aaron Francis

Get it done.

9 Likes

Nobody did. Two reasons could be 1, he’s from South Australia and 2, he’s requested a trade before.

This is the sort of smart trading we need.

1 Like

Except he hasn’t.

And he’s no more likely to than any of the other 40 odd guys on the list.

Look, i didn’t start this conversation, i just chimed in. But he did. The club has said it. It’s been reported. It’s well known. He was in a bad place, he requested a trade home, now he’s happy and wants to stay.

1 Like

Dylan Shiel plays for both Carlton and Hawthorn.
It got reported, so it must be true.

The only discussion will be how much his next contract will be.

On that basis it will be discussed until he does sign.

Can’t see any reason why a kid that has finally got settled would uproot himself and start from square one again.

1 Like

This is the crux

The club has gone some way to helping him feel at home in Vic.
He’s gone part of the way to improving his mental health.
The picture has changed a lot from when he told his manager to entertain SA offers (that never eventuated) in 2017.

Worlsfold has spoken about him requesting a trade. I doubt he’d make it up.

And i agree. I’ve said it over and over that i don’t think he’s going anywhere . But i’m not sure why you refuse to believe what happened?

It was just a couple of weeks ago when Woosha said they wanted him to play some games before re-negotiating wasn’t it? We’ll probably have to sit on it until mid season before anything is locked in. Hopefully they give him a 4 year contract extention because i can’t see him getting any cheaper in the future.

1 Like

Supremely talented youngster putting off his contract.

Standard play in the negotiation handbook.

He will sign.

2 Likes