Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

Yep. Dodoro has some serious work to do over the next 2 years locking away all of our good players that are coming out of contract. It’s a scary list.

1 Like

Yep, but we should be well placed.

If I were Francis I would be asking why the Adelaide teams didn’t make the deal happen.

Seems they didn’t rate him too highly.

Unless I’ve very much missed it, no he hasn’t.

Somebody asked AF whether he would entertain a trade back to SA.
The answer was (in the 2017 trade week) yes.

Journos have joined the dots.
And if you trust anything any of the peanuts that answer for footy journoes tell you, there’s really no helping you whatsoever.

1 Like

You’ve missed it. Sorry for being short. If you want an article with Woosha discussing it i can link but it’s not really popular content around here.

Feel free to PM the link

LOL. NOT EVEN ROUND 1 AND WE HAVE STARTED TRADE TALK.

5 Likes

Sorry, just going back to this for a second. Is Poop McClure that desperate for attention?

If I was the Trade Whisperer I sure as hell wouldn’t be telling anybody.
Dude’s got a worse track record than Vote For Lust.

Can we close this thread down until St Essington’s day please? (Or we win the flag, I guess?)

What is St Essington’s day? I’ve heard this mentioned plenty but have no idea.

It happens every year, on the day we play FarkCarlton

Just something to entertain the children.

1 Like

Gift bags included?
Is there history to the word Essington?

It’s the day when it is mathematically impossible for Bombers to make finals; see St Essington thread for more detailed information.

2 Likes

To see other examples. St totteringhams day.

1 Like

Dodoro doesn’t have an off-season

As great as he would look in black & red I think he would unbalance our whole list with how much he would cost both financially and in picks.

Best thing is for him to stay at GWS and not one of our competitors.

OUT OF CONTRACT JOSH KELLY GIVES MASSIVE UPDATE ON FUTURE

BY SEN 19 MINUTES AGO

In an interview with the Herald Sun , out of contract GWS star Josh Kelly, spoke about his love for the club and the chances of him leaving at the end of the season.

Kelly received massive offers from North Melbourne and Carlton two years ago, but opted to sign on with GWS for a further two years.

“This time round, it’s different. I love it up in here in Sydney, I love the club,” Kelly told the Herald Sun .

“I care about this club, I care about my position in it, where we’re going, and I’m in a good position to spend my future here.

“I care about the draftees we’re bringing in. I want to know we are bringing in the right people who are good footy players that have the right character so we can build on the culture we’ve created here.

“I’m vice-captain, and I’ve often been a lead-by-example, play good footy type of player, but the leaders we have up here have showed it requires more than that.

“I want this club to be successful because right now, and there’s a good chance into the future, I’m going to be a Giants player.

“I want to win premierships and all those little things add up to that."

Fellow star midfielder Stephen Coniglio is also out of contract at the Giants.

I don’t think we should bother trying to chase a big name star at the end of this season. I reckon we’ve got the talent now. Make sure we’ve got enough money to keep all of them.

I’d rather go back to the draft now to keep the future looking ok. I don’t want to fall off a cliff after our 3 or 4 flags in the next 5 or 6 years.

15 Likes

I agree.

I wouldn’t mind looking at undervalued players from other clubs in a similar way to Smith (playing out of position) but we have enough quality now, we just need one or two more of our guys to make that leap to being a star.

I’d be after Jack Martin again, otherwise I’d just go to the draft

9 Likes