Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

why would he want to leave the Eagles?

1 Like

lol, no. he would be absolutely crazy to leave now. theyre every chance to go back to back and then some

Isnt he 32 this year? Would the eagles offer him another long term deal?

Virtually zero chance, the only possibility would be if Woosha convinces him to do a Sam Mitchell/Luke Hodge and come across as a playing/coach, which virtually zero.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2019-sun-jack-martin-attracting-ample-interest-from-rival-clubs-but-not-essendon/news-story/f7886abd8cbe92280fd93561262ec853

Canā€™t have them all, Iā€™d love jackets to pull something from nowhere though.

Would have to lose a decent young player plus picks it seems.

We also do have two x 2nd rounders that could get upgraded to a 1st, especially with the academy clubs or someone with a f/s selection.

Unless Jack Martin grows 6-7cm and puts on 10kgā€™s over this season then he isnā€™t what we need.

2 Likes

Iā€™d take him if he lost 5kgs and shrunk a couple of cms.

193 cm and 93 kgā€™s thatā€™s a big mid.

Still smaller than Cripps.

Well all mids are smaller than Cripps. Maybe blivcas?

So the rumours of Martin wanting a trade to Essendon were true.

I guess Sheil nominating Essendon threw the Martin trade out the window. Just no way we were able to get Shiel and Martin

Weā€™d need to free up some space in the cap and find some trade currency in order to have another crack at him. Thereā€™ll be plenty of clubs heavily into him and I doubt he will be entertaining us as a realistic option.

I just hope it isnā€™t Hawthorn that poaches him, but Iā€™ve got a feeling.

Gold Coast had just lost their 2 captains. they were pretty hostile to us with the idea of losing Jack, who was under contract. we were after a gun mid and i dont think Dodoro was expecting Shiel to pick us with the offers on the table. so the next on the list was Jack

would absolutely love to have him at the club but its highly unlikely. he would have to sign a 1-2 year deal with the Suns and wait till we had the currency.

he will probably go to Hawthornā€¦

1 Like

Anybody rate him? Unrestricted free agent so wouldnā€™t have to trade.

Predictable, but very sad. I really really really rate Martin, and heā€™s started to show why this year.

If we donā€™t get him, I hope he stays at the Suns.

3 Likes

Bring me Clugg. I want Clugg.

Hearing Jordan Galluci is gettable. Not too pleased with playing SANFL footy.

Mozzie/Ham probably means that we donā€™t need small forwards/half-forward flankersā€¦maybe if Gallucci is going to be a midfielder, but he would be another smallish oneā€¦in the end, other clubs probably out-bid us in terms of $, senior opportunities.

Youā€™ve got me thinking though - what player types do we get with say our next 3 draft picks/trades?

I rate him as a wing/HFF, surprised he canā€™t get a game for the Crows considering theyā€™re not exactly setting the world on fire at the moment.

But, Adelaide would want more than he is worth to us, and theyā€™d probably prefer one of our ā€œgettableā€ SA boys - Redman, Francis, Draper who wonā€™t/shouldnā€™t be on the table. I donā€™t think theyā€™d be interested in Houlahan unfortunately.