Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

One more gun mid (but id take 2 if gettable) and even another tough mongrel or moneyball type mid and well be flag contenders. Close now but this would enable us to beat up on teams

We just came within a kick of the best side in the comp.

And we have some handy talent running around in the 2s.

1 Like

We have no salary cap to work with, and no picks to trade.

Unless we’re seeing players want out, I reckon we’ll be a non player in trade week this year.

3 Likes

I wonder whether Rutten can recommend a trade target at Richmond?

Someone who he has seen up close, and rates…who has been starved for opportunity, as I think Richmond had relatively few injuries last year…and now they have dedicated a lot of their salary cap to Lynch…

Richmond lost a lot of their depth at the end of last year. And they didn’t have that much to begin with.

Mabior Chol is an athletic 200cm kpp, but I think they are wasting him as a ruck/for and would be better off down back like most athletes.

Same applies for Callum Moore.

Then they have Collier-Dawkins who is a semi recent draftee touted as a potentially elite big Bodied Midfielder, but I doubt Richmond would give him up considering they’ve been starved of young talent for a few years.

If we’re targeting a player I’d be going after Sier.

3 Likes

Van Der Haar was telling me exactly the same on Anzac Day before the game.

He actually lifted the Pies late last year and is very stiff to be out of the team.

1 Like

Him or hugh Greenwood. Rate hugh bigtime

Hugh would be good get, there will be plenty of teams into him

Available in 2 years.

Get to work Adrian.

Happy to see Kelly stay at Giants. Only because we were no chance of getting him!

4 Likes

Good for Giants

Now just need to square Coniglio away as well & keep Hawks out of the equation

Please Coniglio, please re-sign so I don’t have to see the smug look on Clarkson’s face when he signs you…

1 Like

Did anyone see footy classified.
Hutchy reckons Josh Jenkins should go to the hawks on lesser $$$ just to get a game. And he named 5 clubs that should be after him (not us)
North - Robin for Browns batman
Hawks - with roughead about to fall over the cliff
Brisbane - support tall skinny kid
Melbourne - Need more forward support for Weideman
Sydney

What would we have to offer the pies? wed probably need to trade a key position player.

We’ve got 2 x 2nd rounders to play with.

They’d struggle to get one if he doesn’t play a game this year & certainly couldn’t be demanding any players off us.

1 Like

i would think they would prefer a player though. our cupboards are bare in the way of draft picks. we might find that a few of our depth players will be seeking more opportunity at seasons end

Greenwood’s American girlfriend is very easy on the eye.

What they prefer is irrelevant

If player wants out and is uncontracted and hasn’t played a senior game all year they don’t have much in the way of bargaining position

1 Like

We need to go back to the draft. Unless its a delisted FA, or someone wants out, we’ll hit the draft imo