Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

Talk of Marshall or Zurhaar is really being optimistic in my book.

If I were St Kilda and North, I’d be making sure neither of them move.

Sier might be a chance at this moment, but Wells, Varcoe, Beams, Pendlebury, Sidebottom are no spring chickens and they wouldn’t be letting young mids go. Pendlebury was 2005 draft.

2 Likes

Depending on how Dylan Clarke and Darcy Parish play out the remainder of the season, we may not need to chase someone like Sier.

10 Likes

How about :

Richmond get: Cale Hooker
Essendon get: Richmond’s 1st round pick, and Patrick Naish.

How about we keep Hooker?

34 Likes

I’ve cracked the sads with pretty much all of our senior players this season. Hooker being the only exception.

3 Likes

This is a mid season hypothetical (just to remind folks).

Would you trade him at the end of the year for that pick/Naish?

Guess the question is do you think the trade return will our perform hooker in the next 4-6 years.

I would never trade Hooker. I don’t care what the circumstances are. I want him to play his entire career at Essendon.

19 Likes

Would you trade anyone Lance?

Yep. There’s a few who Wouldn’t faze me either way. I have maybe 10-15 core players that i want to keep at all costs. Hooker is one of them.

You have 10-15 players on our list who are untradeable? How many over the age of 26?

Off the top of my head, 4 or 5. I’d rather not drill down on it though. I like to focus my discussions on more positive stuff.

1 Like

So what are you doing in the trade thread?

It’s not just for dropping players you know?

How does a trade work?

We get draft picks, Dodoro turns them into Stringer, Shiel, Saad & Smith. Do i really need to explain this to you?

1 Like

There’s no specific need that I think we should trade for…at least with regard to stars that we’d need to give up a lot for.

And I wouldn’t countenance trading the likes of any of the banned players against their will.

There are too many people who just want to trade, trade, trade…I think they’re wrong. And no-one ever seems to deal with us on the same basis as other clubs. We have to give up first round picks and Hawthorn get Scully for a fourth-rounder.

4 Likes

Ah cool - pick 27 and 45 should deliver us the goods this year. Then in ten years when we’re refusing to trade the next ‘great servant’ of the club (after no finals wins in 25 seasons) we’ll trade our future pick again.

As i said, not everybody is off limits.

Hooker/Hurley have contracted Essendon for another 2-3 years. I think they’re on good money, and happy with their daily routines, and don’t want to move.

For that reason I think it is pointless dreaming up any trades involving them…Hooker already has history of refusing to move.

Feel free to propose trades for uncontracted or disgruntled players…

4 Likes

Hooker’s had 3 opportunities to go, and he stuck with the club every time.

4th time probably the charm

7 Likes