Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

Yeah that’s all i’m thinking. Backup ruck to Belly until Drapes is fit. I’m not saying he’ll be a superstar. Just better than Clarke. And cheap.

Draper will need the remainder of whatever he has in 2020 simply to regain confidence in his body.
He probably won’t debut till 2021 (except for a token game), and that is assuming he doesn’t re-injure himself.
Belly simply can’t come up every week.
If he is relegated to depth, I wouldn’t be unhappy.

The player we should target is Preuss.
Just turned 24, is wasting away at Casey, and was a puzzling acquisition by Melbourne at best.
Melbourne desperately need some outside run.
Zaharakis plus our 2nd Rounder (or GWS’s) might get it done.
Or even Zaharakis + Gleeson for Preuss.

I have a feeling the Dees will deal with the Hawks with regards to Isaac Smith.
The Hawks would package Ceglar in the deal to maximise value, as the Demons would need a back up ruck after releasing Preuss.
(Hawks still have McEvoy, Pittonet & M.Lewis as senior 2nd ruck).

I know all this sounds fanciful, but the Demons may decide on ‘ALL IN’ whilst Gawn, Jones, Hibberd, Melk & Jetta are still playing at a high level.

1 Like

Preuss is worth a second rounder at most. If you could convince him to request a trade it would be very easy to get him.

2 Likes

If Sydney don’t want him then there are some concerns there immediately.

1 Like

Leaving would be pretty nasty by NicNat

… and then they can trade him to Adelaide

Zaharakis and 2nd Rounder for Preuss.

■■■■ me hope Melbourne buy us dinner before they ■■■■ us!

4 Likes

Harley Bennell for peanuts.
Then he goes on to play 4 awesome years.

#Dreamin I know

At the start of the 2020 season, Zaharakis will be 30 with 2 years left to run on his contract.
Many Blitzers (not me) want him out of our side now.
Preuss just turned 24.
How many seasons do you think he has left as a Ruckman at that age ?..at least 8, maybe more.

Also, I did mention in my post that the 2nd Rounder offered to Melb could be the one acquired from GWS, which will be a Pick in the mid 30’s to 40.

The second rounder would do it though. He’s played two games and averaged 14.5 hitouts. The 2 goals per game were the only thing he did that’s given him any real value. And Melbourne wont even play him forward in a badly under-performing side. The value you place on him over Zaka is the only thing that’s out of whack. I wouldn’t mind him as a backup to Belly.

We seriously need to think about flipping this around.
Belly can only play 2 games out of every 3 right now.
Next year, that might get worse.

2 Likes

2 Metre Peter is a spud

1 Like

I agree. Would be great to rest him every 3rd game next year. Bring him in for the tough ones and have a good backup to fill in the other. Could also use as an extra tall forward if we need to.

injury history aside he was great 3 plus years ago, but the game has changed imo from his strengths.

richmonds gf win and collingwoods gf appearance imo came off the back of trying new faces in the side who could play to the new defensive systems. it was sorta forced on collingwood last year due to injuries, but it worked

he will prolly be pushed out of collingwood simply cos he doesn’t fit with the new forwards must apply alot of pressure mentality.

1 Like

I said to target him last year and I would go harder for him again this year. Sam Powell Pepper.

paging @scotty21

2 Likes

Too similar to Clarke and Clarke has been better across a very small sample size. I don’t rate him enough to push Clarke out of the side.

1 Like

Is an absolute terrible footballer.

Cannot football, in fact.
Also, looks like a complete dumb c*nt.

NO THANKS

6 Likes

He’s completely different to Clarke IMO, Hits the contest at pace, Loves to run with ball and take ground before disposing. Kicking has issues sure but so do a lot of explosive mids.

His power is Stringer like IMO but with better ball hunting ability, I just see a weapon if he can put it all together.

Is a bit of a DH but that doesn’t scare me at all, We need more of them in all honesty.

Couldn’t disagree more on the football bit.