Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

Rumours that Bradley Hill wants to leave Freo. Over to you Dodoro.

(i don’t give a fark if he doesn’t suit our needs and it’s reckless trading)

Interesting one there

Apparently he’s one of Ross Lyon’s favourites, playing good footy etc

Can only imagine if he left it’s back to Hawks for bigger $$

Hawks will pull something

Coniglio F/A, Hill via trade (probably will push Issac Smith somewhere) and Patton for a half eaten packet of twisties like they did Scully

I really hope Coniglio just stays at GWS, or comes to us if he has to leave!

4 Likes

I know the Hawks get their way a lot but i can’t see how they pull it off. No currency left in their older players and they’d have to get permission to trade another first rounder, which they wont get because the age demographic of their list. You can only get an exception if you can prove you have enough young talent, which they definitely don’t. Coniglio through F/A is their only play this season. If he wants success he’ll stay at GWS or go elsewhere, possibly Geelong if they lose Kelly.

Fixed

1 Like

Who are the pelicans dissing 2MP?

1 Like

A year ago, I would have leaned towards your way of thinking, but 12 months on, I’ve seen enough.
Is a 1 trick pony and other coaches and players are onto him now.
Apparently, so are his own coaches.

Is a terrible decision maker coupled with poor disposal, it’s not a good combo.
IMO, won’t be on an AFL list within 3 years.
Will be running around SANFL level or similar in 2023 playing 6kg over weight.

1 Like

Would p*ss off Hawk fans massively.

GET IT DONE

2 Likes

AND TAKE CONIGLIO TOO

2 Likes

IMG_3293

2 Likes

Very harsh on a 3rd year player, Time will tell i guess, no doubt he has deficiencies but i think he has a lot to give at AFL level still.

I’d be furious if we targeted SPP.

I only want a ruckman who can play round the ground and help Draper along. The only one I can think of is Goldstein, and anyone who disagrees is an anti-semite and I’ll report them to B’nai B’rith.

2 Likes

2 METER PETER

1 Like

Here is a list of the blokes who have been listed as an emergency most times this year:

Adelaide : Myles Poholke, Darcy Fogarty (6)

Brisbane : Archie Smith (10)

Carlton : Matthew Kennedy (7)

Collingwood : Ben Crocker (10)

Essendon : Zac Clarke (7)

Fremantle : Mitchell Crowden (10)

Geelong : James Parsons (10)

Gold Coast : Sam Day (11)

GWS : Jackson Hatley, Dawson Simpson (9)

Hawthorn : Kaiden Brand (8)

Melbourne : Braydon Preuss (7)

North Melbourne : Tom Campbell (8)

Port Adelaide : Sam Mayes (9)

Richmond : Connor Menadue (8)

St Kilda : Nick Hind (7)

Sydney : James Rowbottom (8)

West Coast : Josh Smith (10)

Western Bulldogs : Patrick Lipinski (8)

Fogarty would slot into our forward line nicely and would compliment Daniher’s style. Though he might cost more than we’d like to give up.

Sam Day another who might be another KPD/KPF/pinch hitting ruck that we could shine up just like we’ve done with Brown/McKernan/Ambrose.

Overall I’m still of the opinion that we’re best off sticking with the draft to eventually replace the likes of Hooker, Hurley, Bellchambers, Zaka, etc.

Though obviously if an opportunity comes along to trade in a youngish best 22 talent for a 2nd rounder then I’m all for it. Jack Martin, Will Brodie, 2MP, etc.

2 Likes

I’m still bullish on Matt Kennedy, even though he has been rubbish at the blues to date. he wouldnt cost much. was better at GWS big midfielder, possibly lacks professionalism. If he was a DFA would enquire.

Darcy Fogarty we would need a first round pick I think and he would want to come to VIC.
He has showed a bit.
Crows still have some good talls, and they are old and he is likely to take Jenkins spot if Jenkins leaves.
Im sure they would push Jenkins out the door and give fogarty better contract to stay.

1 Like

Fogarty would be a sensational get! But would surely cost too much. The Crows would want to keep him as he will be a regular 22 soon.

Kennedy is a good idea as a DFA/Rookie pick. He clearly could play before he got to the Blues. Perhaps in a better team he would flourish.

If only we had a first round equivalent player from SA to trade back :thinking:

Don’t ban me.

1 Like

As injury Riddled as Fantasia has been this year wouldn’t want to lose him.
Redman has just hit his straps
Francis still could be anything and Darcy Fogarty is 193cm oddly the same Height as Aaron.

1 Like

giphy

4 Likes

No way Darcy Foagarty leaves Adelaide.

Doesn’t he also have similar issues regarding tank and work rate that Franga has?

We’ll have a quiet trade period imo mainly focused around holding onto what we have and maybe exploring some moneyball type picks around the fringes.

2 Likes

Face it, McLovin! You want to boof him, don’t you?

2 Likes